Wrestling both boys/girls?

FamousLie

I wondered about this today if somebody would be able to wrestle at both boys and girls state or if they had to designate prior to sectionals. A few girls could make a run of it and then obviously run the table against the other girls. Is there anything that might prevent this other than the timing and wear and tear of wrestling 2 tournaments at the same time?

Coachdoerr

I wondered about this today if somebody would be able to wrestle at both boys and girls state or if they had to designate prior to sectionals. A few girls could make a run of it and then obviously run the table against the other girls. Is there anything that might prevent this other than the timing and wear and tear of wrestling 2 tournaments at the same time?
Only allowed to wrestle one or the other

FamousLie

Only allowed to wrestle one or the other

I'm assuming that you can go back and forth or do both during the season then? Just for sectionals and state you have to choose, or is that incorrect? Asking because a transfer is possibly coming next year and they could definitely place at boy's state.

Girls can wrestle both girls and boys during the regular season. If a girls wrestles at the girls section tournament (win or lose) she CANNOT wrestle at the boys section tournament. So if a girl wants to try to go to the state tournament for boys she can only wrestle in the boys section tournament.