Best AZ Guys You Have Ever Wrestled... Win or Lose

BDBlue

I had saw a similar thread on another wrestling forum site and I thought it'd be interesting to see some of the answers here. It doesn't matter if you beat them or they beat you, but lets share some old war stories!

FamousLie

I got my A** kicked by Shawn Blankenship from Moon Valley my sophomore year. If I remember correctly it was 18-1. He was a returning state champion, won it as a freshman I think, and didn't really look that tough. I remember thinking I could get in and finish on the legs easily and odds are he probably just let me get in, and it felt like I'd run into a brick wall. He shut that down real fast.

Coach P

I cut down to 125 to wrestle a kid named Nori (I think that was his first name) Yamamoto (transfer from Japan)....what the heck was I thinking. It still kinda hurts....I was 23 - 0 at the time. 23 - 1 after. I remember Coach Bravo asking me if I was sure I wanted to cut down. Either way, it was a great experience for me...win or lose, gotta love this sport.

AZ_wrestlinFan#1

I cut down to 125 to wrestle a kid named Nori (I think that was his first name) Yamamoto (transfer from Japan)....what the heck was I thinking. It still kinda hurts....I was 23 - 0 at the time. 23 - 1 after. I remember Coach Bravo asking me if I was sure I wanted to cut down. Either way, it was a great experience for me...win or lose, gotta love this sport.
Nori “Kid” Yamamoto was a stud! 3 timer from MDN. He passed away last year of cancer.