AZ State Tourney

DC55

Anyone know dates of this season's state tourney and if it will be at Prescott Event Center again?
Thanks in advance

FamousLie

That would be the logical thing to do because the majority of the schools are from the PHX area. What I heard was that the Findlay Toyota Event Center is donated to the AIA for other sports as well. You can’t beat free!

It might cost the AIA money to hold it down in the valley, but it costs the schools and districts all a lot more to attend because they have to find hotel space up there which isn't cheap usually. Only a couple of schools can commute to the arena and not have a problem.

De1

It might cost the AIA money to hold it down in the valley, but it costs the schools and districts all a lot more to attend because they have to find hotel space up there which isn't cheap usually. Only a couple of schools can commute to the arena and not have a problem.
I agree! After what happen last year with the basketball state tournament the AIA should look into a more central location. One more question, if the AIA gets to use the Findlay Toyota Event Center for free, why do our wrestlers get penny's for medals!

FamousLie

I agree! After what happen last year with the basketball state tournament the AIA should look into a more central location. One more question, if the AIA gets to use the Findlay Toyota Event Center for free, why do our wrestlers get penny's for medals!

It's ridiculous. I remember one year it was snowing on the way back. I forget who it was but they weren't from AZ but they were like ohh you should be fine driving through it. I said I've got no problem, it's the people from the valley who've never seen cold weather and panic that I'm worried about. I think that was 2013 when we had actual snow in Scottsdale that choked off the 101.