Tournament Changes

az_wrestler

Terminator now in Bull Head City...AIA is Moving State to Phoenix.. about time, what is going on in Prescott valley? all they will have is Mile High tournament...and why call it Tucson state when its in another county and whole new city? Change the name! Most Tucson middle schools didn't even attend, they were at Amphi Middle school...thoughts?

BKramer

Not sure about those other events, just ours, and they have treated us fairly and well. The facility isn't cheap but it isn't exorbitant either (like TCC, McKale, or other big venues) and all of the staff are super helpful and friendly to work with. The former GM, Scott Norton, left to manage the Cotton Bowl last April and his replacement, Shane Cadwell, has been just as easy to work with. If you are looking for answers why Terminator and AIA left, I don't have 'em but I am sure for the AIA, location played into it as much as anything. Where did they move it to?

About our name...yeah, we should have pulled the trigger on re-branding it this year but didn't...but that will change, as well as some other aspects of our tournament for next year. Makes no sense to have the tag line Tucson State anymore, it was just easier to keep it familiar for folks.

For the record, we would love to host in Phoenix since it is more centralized but can't put the pieces together necessary to run a tournament of our size over two days. If anyone has ideas or contacts, we would love to entertain them so shoot me a PM or something. Thought we had GCC locked up years ago but then with the RC situation, everything went bust. At the same time, the Findlay Toyota Center is a great venue for us and Allen Foster and his crew do a phenomenal job on the tables.

FamousLie

Veterans Memorial Coliseum...next year...is the Rumor

That's surprising because a few years ago the guy in charge of this at the AIA told me that they moved from there because a security guard had hassled them too much or something.