1- Loaiza Sunnyside
2- Ramirez Red Mountain
3- Zaragoza Cibola
4- Rodriquez Basha
5- Wood Desert Ridge
6- Santillana Mesa
7- Alonso Kofa
8- Martinez Desert vista

Notes: I think Chris Kelly wins it all. I've seen him beat Kavavle multiple times handily but that was preseason and I'm only going off performance this high school season and last high school season. Not including any off season stuff.

I haven't seen Duron from Cibola wrestle much on track so idk what's going on there. I know he beat Valenzuela at freakshow in OT but that was preseason.

Rivera from Tuccon has has lost to Gomez this year but Gomez hasn't done enough to prove a higher ranking IMO. Jarman from Mesa has beaten Gomez head to head. Rivera placed high at Flowing Wells and is a returning state champ. Jarman also beat Steve Smith in the preseason but again I'm not counting preseason.

Good to see someone getting some discussion going before we head into regionals and state, but I can't help but feel you have a little family bias in the 103 predictions. Is Kelly wrestling for Chandler? Everytime I check Chandler results in Trackwrestling, he's not in the lineup. For sure, he'll be up there, but the two you have ranked above him are very tough. A few names missing from your list and I'm sure there are more as I've only seen matches in the east valley involving Mountain View or Highland, plus what I've followed on trackwrestling. Figueroa from Highland beat Boyle early in the season (6-5 match that got close in the end). Based on that, I figure those two are close in ability. Garcia from Pinnacle has beaten Figueroa twice and Del Rio has pinned him. I'd rank both of those wrestlers in the top 6.

I haven't seen your brother wrestle yet at Mesa. I have to ask, is he a great leg rider like the rest of the Jarman clan? Good luck to your family members at regionals and state.

Mike Jarman

Good to see someone getting some discussion going before we head into regionals and state, but I can't help but feel you have a little family bias in the 103 predictions. Is Kelly wrestling for Chandler? Everytime I check Chandler results in Trackwrestling, he's not in the lineup. For sure, he'll be up there, but the two you have ranked above him are very tough. A few names missing from your list and I'm sure there are more as I've only seen matches in the east valley involving Mountain View or Highland, plus what I've followed on trackwrestling. Figueroa from Highland beat Boyle early in the season (6-5 match that got close in the end). Based on that, I figure those two are close in ability. Garcia from Pinnacle has beaten Figueroa twice and Del Rio has pinned him. I'd rank both of those wrestlers in the top 6.

I haven't seen your brother wrestle yet at Mesa. I have to ask, is he a great leg rider like the rest of the Jarman clan? Good luck to your family members at regionals and state.

Boyle had a bad match against Figueroa the first time but he still won. He faces him a second time and pinned him after dominating the match. Boyle has already had a head to head against the pinnacle kid. Boyle beat him 11-2.

Mike Jarman

Kelly has been at 108 for the last 2 tournaments.

wjd

Boyle had a bad match against Figueroa the first time but he still won. He faces him a second time and pinned him after dominating the match. Boyle has already had a head to head against the pinnacle kid. Boyle beat him 11-2.
Figueroa beat Boyle in the dual at WW. I was there. 6-5 final, most of Boyle's points coming late in the third. I'm about 100% sure they haven't wrestled again. (DK where it would have been at. They don't wrestle the same tourney's and no evidence of it on track wrestling.) No sense arguing this one, they'll see each other next week at regionals and probably be the 2 and 3 seeds, so most likely will meet up.

As for Garcia, if Boyles won that's impressive. Having seen Garcia, I tend to doubt it. Pinnacle does have to 106 pounders. It may have been the other kid. Track wrestling isn't always accurate (trust me, I've entered results for matches). If whomever is doing it doesn't manually click the update, it will stay with the default lineup. (ex. it shows a JV wrestler from WW beating Garcia). Again, not trying to downplay Boyle, just going but what I have seen and know. All will be settled on the mat in the next two weeks.

As for Kelly, does he have trouble making weight? I never seem in the dual results. Perhaps that extra allowance for a tourny is what's needed to get into the lineup.

Mike Jarman

I was at the match as well. You are right figaroa did beat Boyle. My mistake but they did wrestle again I believe at the ASU tournament. Boyle pinned him. Boyle just wrestled Wesley Garcia this wed at the dual. Boyle beat him 11-2. The name shows wrong on track. Also Boyle and Garcia were in the same Bracket at the Brad Jones tournament at centennial. Boyle took 3rd and Garcia took 5th. They didn't meet head to head at Brad jones but Garcia was sent to the 5th and 6th place match by losing to Kelly and then the Apolo kid. He lost to Apolo kid 12-5. Boyle then beat the Apolo kid by pin after dominating him. For 3rd place. Boyle lost to Deibal 8-3. His only loss at that tournament. Kelly tech falled Deibal in the finals. Yabarra has close matches with Deibal. That's one of the reasons why I think Kelly is gonna win it all. You can make the argument of Del Río over Boyle but definitely not Garcia.

Mike Jarman

Just a side note on Charlie Boyle, he is just over 100lbs so gives up a ton of weight especially to guys that are cutting 5-10lbs.

wjd

I was at the match as well. You are right figaroa did beat Boyle. My mistake but they did wrestle again I believe at the ASU tournament. Boyle pinned him. Boyle just wrestled Wesley Garcia this wed at the dual. Boyle beat him 11-2. The name shows wrong on track. Also Boyle and Garcia were in the same Bracket at the Brad Jones tournament at centennial. Boyle took 3rd and Garcia took 5th. They didn't meet head to head at Brad jones but Garcia was sent to the 5th and 6th place match by losing to Kelly and then the Apolo kid. He lost to Apolo kid 12-5. Boyle then beat the Apolo kid by pin after dominating him. For 3rd place. Boyle lost to Deibal 8-3. His only loss at that tournament. Kelly tech falled Deibal in the finals. Yabarra has close matches with Deibal. That's one of the reasons why I think Kelly is gonna win it all. You can make the argument of Del Río over Boyle but definitely not Garcia.
You are correct. I forgot they had wrestled at the Blackford duals and the Garcia win would be a huge feather in his cap. Unless Cibola has someone tough at 106 then I'd imagine seeding next week at sectionals will be 1. Dieblod 2. Boyle 3. Figueroa (probably one of the few deep weight classes in this section.)

wjd

Just a side note on Charlie Boyle, he is just over 100lbs so gives up a ton of weight especially to guys that are cutting 5-10lbs.
He might be able to use the weight thing to his advantage against some wrestlers. He's doesn't have to cut and I'm sure his conditioning is great. We have to remember most 106 pounders are 15-16 year old kids subject to growth spurts during the year. Making weight in Jan and Feb may be a lot tougher than it was in Nov and Dec. and their stamina can be affected. I saw this happen with Rustad his Freshman year at Mt. View. He looked like a lock state placer the first half of the year and by the end of the year he was losing big to some wrestlers he'd dominated. I spoke with his grandmother at a match last year and she said he'd hit a growth spurt during the season and by the end of the year he was weak from having to cut so much weight to stay in the lineup.

Mike Jarman

Friday 1/27/17
I haven't seen the updated rankings for D1. Am I missing them? I see rankings for 113 all divisions and that's it. I did see for a briefer period updated 106 D1 rankings but they are no longer showing up in the feed. Also I saw temporarily the ranking for 106-120 all divisions but now 106 and 120 are gone and all I see is 113 rankings for all divisions combined.

Mike Jarman

I removed them. I took some grief but it was just info I thought people may want to see. I liked the fact you could see data that isn't listed anywhere on the site. I do have the ones that were updated yesterday and have current records etc.

I haven't seen the ones that were updated yesterday. Can I see them?

whenndoubtchokemout

"when in doubt, chokem out"
SHAWN, information is great!! i just thought it was a little bias based on only winnng %. I am trying to update rankings, busy at work! hopefully i will get done before sectionals. JARMAN, I like your top 8 rankings