1. T. Collins- Cactus Shadow 12

2. D. Halverson- Maricopa 12

3. K. Fike- Gila Ridge 11

4. RJ Okonowski- Queen Creek 12

5. T. Darrough- Marana 12

6. I. Marroquin- Chaparral 12

Last edited:

3boys

now wait for certifications 4 a true wt. class...but thanks Manuelboys 4 doing the rankings.

whenndoubtchokemout

"when in doubt, chokem out"
3boys- just want to get things going, I know I will have to make some adjustments. If u have someone I missed, let me know, u know whats up in the south

Coach Pat

Just throwing this out there, Valencia from Sahuaro beat both Schall from QC and Johnson from Cienega at the FW tournament at 120. At 152 Gill from Sahuaro went 1 and 1 with Padilla and lost to Baldenegro by a point.

Coach Pat

Man, Salpointe Tournament was really good this year and ran quick with five mats. Lots of fun. Valencia from Sahuaro at 120's beat Frias from Desert View in the finals in overtime. Both great kids and looking forward to a section and state final rematch. Muniz-Vega at 170's from Sahuaro beat Hand from CF. Bummed Rose from Sahuaro at 106 didn't get a chance to wrestle Vargas but looking forward to that matchup at state as well.

3boys

FYI...Rose lost to Ortiz in 1st round, 7-2, then beat Ortiz 4-2 for 3rd...this was the 4th time they have wrestled and each time these are very close matches and could go either way,with one being in OT. They should meet again in a sectionals final being in the same one. Gabe is a Freshman....Also Gerber from Gila Ridge and Avelar from South Mountain will be ones to watch. I have watched these 2 since middle school, both placers or champions where ever they have been. both same section also.

Last edited:

easydoesit

Villalobos should be at 5th and J Rodriguez at 6th, he has moved down to 126. Misitano at 132 from Campo Verde has beaten kids Beard has lost to.

whenndoubtchokemout

"when in doubt, chokem out"
Data only shows winning %, it does not show wrestlers which have tougher schedules than others. its easy for wrestlers to be ranked and have a paded record or wrestlers with minimal matches, "lesser competition" or "Dodge" matches. I give credit to the teams/wrestlers who seek tougher tournaments and not afraid to take a loss against national level competition. I know everyone will say "we dont have the funding to travel", my answer is this, "FIND A WAY"if you want your son/ daughter to be considered a TOP RANKED WRESTLER in the state then enroll them at a school that will do what it takes to make them successful and give them opportunities to wrestler at the next level, Its clear the BEST WRESTLING programs are the one's that wrestle tough competition during the season and off season.

rczthriving

Data only shows winning %, it does not show wrestlers which have tougher schedules than others. its easy for wrestlers to be ranked and have a paded record or wrestlers with minimal matches, "lesser competition" or "Dodge" matches. I give credit to the teams/wrestlers who seek tougher tournaments and not afraid to take a loss against national level competition. I know everyone will say "we dont have the funding to travel", my answer is this, "FIND A WAY"if you want your son/ daughter to be considered a TOP RANKED WRESTLER in the state then enroll them at a school that will do what it takes to make them successful and give them opportunities to wrestler at the next level, Its clear the BEST WRESTLING programs are the one's that wrestle tough competition during the season and off season.

Great point....agreed. Last year IRHS & Mesa Mtn View at D1 traveled to the Clash and Reno TOC. Great competition and experience! Marana Mtn View traveled to Las Cruces and to the Shark Tank in Cali. IRHS hit the Holiday Classic in Vegas and the Rumble at the Lake in Cali. Queen Creek has been on the road too this season. Like I said, great experience!

mlksek

Not sure if your 152 bracket is correct! I saw some big talent coming from some other schools that are not listed. You may want to revisit and revise your 152 bracket line up for D2. I would not under estimate anyone in this weight class. This year it has fantastic wrestlers, and you mat get a big surprise. Doesn't anyone watch the little guys sneaking up! The boys is this bracket through the year were not letting anything up, and were wrestling like they all want it.

tapoutkid

Lee and Dietz at 152 are on the same side bracket for state so they cannot be placed 1 and 2 on the rankings. Cuhna beat Frias this weekend at 120. Mansman from Ironwood Ridge should be ranked higher at 170?

Coach Pat

Mansman is at 182. Would have been 1st at sectionals but pinned himself in the quarters. Cuhna did beat Frias - caught him in a cradle early. That will be a good semi final match IMO. I also think Cavannaugh from Cienega will be in the top 6 at state.