2017 - 2018 DI preseason rankings

Coach P

What about the Groves brothers in your rankings? how is Marco Rivera not in the top 6, he was a state champion 2 years ago. Never heard of the #5 and #6 wrestler @ 113
Still trying to find some time to adjust. Again, this list was simply copied from another post about returning state placers. Marco Rivera was a state champ 2 years ago, but didn't place last year. I will move him up when I get a chance to update these. Possibly this weekend. Groves will probably top 2 at 152 and 170 (anyone have an update on their weights?) Lil Groves will most likely be a top seed above Gandara, and although the bigger is really tough.....If Mordecai get cleared it will be a battle with him and Castaneda from Kofa for the top seed. Ideas?

Coach P

And maybe Larkin too...at Chandler. Some serious additions here with the Groves bros....CHS may be a solid second behind SS.

whenndoubtchokemout

"when in doubt, chokem out"
New kid is from out of town, don't know too much other than he is a national caliber wrestler. What I am hearing Larkin is at Chandler. Chandler looks like their putting a top 3 team, don't count them out of a team title. Sunnyside is the favorite but Cibola and Chandler will be right in it.
So if this thread is hintting....is Ramos at Chandler?

Last edited:

Da dude

Why is it so hard for anyone to confirm who is where?!! Aren't they all enrolled somewhere by now...

TheAZKid

I would put Chandler at 2 if not 1. That lineup is going to be stacked when it all shakes out with high level incoming Freshman and transfers. Ramos is at Casteel

Last edited:

Coach P

Chandler 1? Because of incoming freshman. No way....as it sits right now SS is definitely the favorite (but only if Mordecai and Rubio are eligible). If SS does not have them...it will be close, but SS with 3 champs and 2 runner ups returning is still top seed as of now in my book anyway.

bayoubadger

I would put Chandler at 2 if not 1. That lineup is going to be stacked when it all shakes out with high level incoming Freshman and transfers. Ramos is at Casteel

Unless they have a whole bunch of transfers that we don't know about the math just does not add up.

Chandler has 34 points from State Returning. I will even give you the benefit of the doubt and assume both Groves brothers win State Titles and tack on an extra 50. That gives them 84 points coming back. This doesn't even come close to SS who has 119 points coming back. This does not include Rubio and Mordecai who have questions as to their eligibility. Also, the fact that SS could qualify their whole team for state again coupled with some that woefully underperformed last year and I do not see how you could legitimately make an argument for Chandler being Number 1 at this point. Quite frankly I think Chandler is Number 3 behind Cibola at this point.