4. Matt Rees- Sunnyside

1. Christian Medeiros- Desert Ridge
2. Nathaniel Deasey- Chandler
3. Jonathan Garcia- Mesa Mt. View

1. Tommy Mommer, Cibola
2. Brett Johnson, Desert Vista
3. Mathew Eagar, Westwood

Last edited:
I know Chris Kelly and Jesse Yabarra are most likely going 120. Zack Kvavle is mostly likely going 113 but may go 120. Jacob Garcia is most likely at 152 and he is at Corona.

Da dude

I herd Kelly is going 122, he had a hard time making 113 in Fargo. Ybarra is 115, Kvavle is 115, and Garcia is not going same weight class as Gandara. Garcia has the best chance at 145 if RBY is at 138 and Gandara at 152.

bayoubadger

Top 2 (My opinion)

1. Zack Kvavle- Corona
2. Alex Dieball- Desert Mountain

1. Jesse Ybarra- Sunnyside
2. Hunter Richards- Mesa Mountain View

1. Cameron Upshur, Corona
2. Manny Garcia, Sunnyside

1. Vicente Loaiza- Sunnyside
2. Franxl Zaragoza- Cibola

1. Angelo Pool- Tucson
2. Aaron Rodriguez- Sunnyside

1. Roman Bravo-Young- Sunnyside
2. Bryce Nickel- Corona

1. Jacob Garcia- Corona
2. Tanner Waite- Highland

1. Aaron Gandara- Cibola
2. Gator Groves- Chandler

1. Joe Carey- Basha
2. Cody Lewis, Desert Ridge

1. Marco Groves- Chandler
2. Sebastian Mordecai- Sunnyside

1. Mario Neblina- Cibola
2. Kashawn Crump-Valencia- Tucson

1. Jeremiah Hollen- Mesa Mountain View
2. Donovan Corn- Hamilton

1. Tommy Mommer, Cibola
2. Mathew Eagar, Westwood

195 will be interesting. MMV Football has Hollen listed at 170. He was not a 195 pounder last year, only wrestled there because of Doolen. I would be surprised if Hollen wrestled 195. I think it is more likely that we'll see Neblina up at 195 since he did wrestle there at points during last season.

TUMBLEWEED

Top 2 (My opinion)

1. Zack Kvavle- Corona
2. Alex Dieball- Desert Mountain

2. Hunter Richards- Mesa Mountain View

1. Cameron Upshur, Corona
2. Manny Garcia, Sunnyside

1. Vicente Loaiza- Sunnyside
2. Franxl Zaragoza- Cibola

1. Angelo Pool- Tucson

2. Bryce Nickel- Corona

1. Jacob Garcia- Corona

1. Aaron Gandara- Cibola
2. Gator Groves- Chandler

1. Joe Carey- Basha
2. Cody Lewis, Desert Ridge

2. Sebastian Mordecai- Sunnyside

1. Mario Neblina- Cibola
2. Kashawn Crump-Valencia- Tucson

1. Jeremiah Hollen- Mesa Mountain View
2. Donovan Corn- Hamilton

1. Tommy Mommer, Cibola
2. Mathew Eagar, Westwood

Acording to "wolf pack" recent post, M. Groves will be at 160 also heard Mordecai is going 182

TUMBLEWEED

so what would be the AIA policy on this type of move? does this mean not eligible till JAN?

I interprete the rule saying he will not have to sit out because he has not technically been an athlete yet.
Had he practiced with SS today (1st official day of practice) then transfer he would have to sit out.

Looks like Larkin is helping to assemble a nice young squad. Will see if they are able to keep them together over the years.

The only reason Benji moved was he couldn't crack the line up at SS.

I still don't think Chandler will be able to beet SS.
They will see each other a few times before state.

az_wrestler

That's your Opinion Tumbleweed? Moving cuz you can't break the line up...what a great reason... I think Larkin couldn't break the line up his first year..thank goodness he didn't move. this is what I found regarding 8th to 9th:

15.5.3 Special Domicile Placements

15.5.3.1 Ninth-Grade Enrollment – Except as stated in 15.15, an eighth grade student graduate enrolling in the ninth grade for the first time may attend any member high school and be eligible for interscholastic activities. This exception to the general domicile requirement for students enrolling for the first time in the night grade recognizes the concept of open enrollment. Upon any transfer by the student after the initial enrollment in the ninth grade, the Transfer Rule applies.

Last edited:

Coach P

Interesting transfer....well guess James Brown is now the state contender for SS at 106. Alanis is a huge gain/loss for any school other than SS this year. Ford should be top 3 anyway.

Last edited:

TUMBLEWEED

That's your Opinion Tumbleweed? Moving cuz you can't break the line up...what a great reason... I think Larkin couldn't break the line up his first year..thank goodness he didn't move. this is what I found regarding 8th to 9th:

15.5.3 Special Domicile Placements

15.5.3.1 Ninth-Grade Enrollment – Except as stated in 15.15, an eighth grade student graduate enrolling in the ninth grade for the first time may attend any member high school and be eligible for interscholastic activities. This exception to the general domicile requirement for students enrolling for the first time in the night grade recognizes the concept of open enrollment. Upon any transfer by the student after the initial enrollment in the ninth grade, the Transfer Rule applies.

That is my opinion based on the talk going around the room at SS.

Larkin had family that worked at SS while he went there.
AND SS was in the middle of their multi year state championship run at the time. It is no surprise he stayed there.
Would he have gone as far had he not stuck around SS??
Now he is using some of the skills he learned there to try and help build an empire / legacy for Chandler.
He should have boys in the room for long enough and his caliber of coaching is top notch.
Bound to draw new kids from all over..
My crystal ball says there will be a large increase of openinrollment and transfers to Chandler over next 10+ years
And for some reason they will mostly be wrestlers.
Haha

TUMBLEWEED

That is my opinion based on the talk going around the room at SS.

Larkin had family that worked at SS while he went there.
AND SS was in the middle of their multi year state championship run at the time. It is no surprise he stayed there.
Would he have gone as far had he not stuck around SS??
Now he is using some of the skills he learned there to try and help build an empire / legacy for Chandler.
He should have boys in the room for long enough and his caliber of coaching is top notch.
Bound to draw new kids from all over..
My crystal ball says there will be a large increase of openinrollment and transfers to Chandler over next 10+ years
And for some reason they will mostly be wrestlers.
Haha

And thanks for posting bylaw for clarification.. I would say should not be eligible until Jan.. or the Grove Bros for that mater, what do you think??

Da dude

So then I guess the question would be, is it better to stay and work to get better with your teammates that are better than you or leave for the sake of having a spot on A roster??

East Valley

(My opinion, updated weights 10/29/17)

1. Hunter Richards- Mesa Mountain View
2. Zack Espalin, Chandler

2. Zack Kvavle- Corona
3. Alex Dieball- Desert Mountain
4. Benji Alanis- Chandler

1. Manny Garcia- Sunnyside
2. Chris Kelly- Chandler
3. Aaron Valenzuela- Kofa
4. Alex Rodriquez- Basha

1. Cameron Upshur- Corona
2. Vicente Loaiza- Sunnyside
3. Franxl Zaragoza- Cibola
4. Alex Wood, Desert Ridge

1. Angelo Pool- Tucson
3. Gabe Castenada- Kofa
4. Alex Karatinos, Red Mountain

2. Ryan Roper- Basha
3. Raphael Garcia- Chandler

1. Gator Groves- Chandler
3. Jose Rubio- Sunnyside
4. Bryce Nickel- Corona

1. Aaron Gandara- Cibola
2. Jacob Garcia- Corona
3. Sheldon Cole- Boulder Creek

2. Joe Carey- Basha
3. Cody Lewis-Desert Ridge
4. Luke Jacobs- Brophy Prep

1. Sebastian Mordecai- Sunnyside
2. David Castaneda- Kofa
3. Travis Calloway- Perry
4. Randy Robinson- Chandler

1. Kashawn Crump-Valencia- Tucson
2. Jeremiah Hollen- Mesa Mountain View
3. Donovan Corn- Hamilton

1. Mario Neblina- Cibola
2. Jacob Santa Cruz- Corona
3. Jacob Robles- Brophy

3. Jonathan Garcia- Mesa Mt. View

1. Tommy Mommer, Cibola
2. Brett Johnson, Desert Vista
3. Mathew Eagar, Westwood

Hey bud you & I normally agree but I did a double take with Hollen #2 at 182? He was giving up 15 lbs last year & made the finals at 195. He is also a Fargo Freestyle AA. It's my opinion but I'd put him at #1. (I do agree the Tucson kid is tough) Hollen won't be anywhere near 182s though. He's way too big. 195s all the way.

matman

Man, something must be going on at Sunnyside. A kid that has been with there program for many years all of a sudden leaves his freshman year? Even if you couldn't make the roster do you just up and leave like that? Gotta stay and get better IMO

AND I just herd another stud is leaving. There 113lb returning state champ, Ybarra is at or heading to Montini Catholic with IZZY Martinez in Chicago. Its my understanding that some of these kids been with the Sunnyside program for years. Who next, is RBY even gonna stick around? I would be at Penn State asap. Talk around Sunnyside is things aren't running so smoothly

bayoubadger

Man, something must be going on at Sunnyside. A kid that has been with there program for many years all of a sudden leaves his freshman year? Even if you couldn't make the roster do you just up and leave like that? Gotta stay and get better IMO

AND I just herd another stud is leaving. There 113lb returning state champ, Ybarra is at or heading to Montini Catholic with IZZY Martinez in Chicago. Its my understanding that some of these kids been with the Sunnyside program for years. Who next, is RBY even gonna stick around? I would be at Penn State asap. Talk around Sunnyside is things aren't running so smoothly
Rumors. As for the kid leaving, he wanted to be a 4-timer. Was not going to happen at SS. He has a chance somewhere else, though he will have to beat the SS kid so it is still unlikely. Also, there is the possibility that he was sweet talked into heading to Chandler. Ybarra is just training up there for a week. As for RBY, you do realize you have to graduate from High School BEFORE you go to college, don't you? Things are running just fine at Sunnyside.