2017 - 2018 DI preseason rankings

wjd

Big problem. This isn't even transfering mid-school year, it's mid semester. I would think they wouldn't be eligible until next fall.
(I saw their football stats on MaxPreps for Kofa and they do now appear on Cibilas TrackWrestling Roster)

bayoubadger

Big problem. This isn't even transfering mid-school year, it's mid semester. I would think they wouldn't be eligible until next fall.
(I saw their football stats on MaxPreps for Kofa and they do now appear on Cibilas ************** Roster)
Nope. As long as they enroll before the first day of wrestling practice, they only have to sit out half the season. I understand not making it impossible for a kid to compete because his folks move to another city. But being able to switch between schools, that are 4 miles apart in the same town, mid-semester, is a bit ridiculous.

Who can challenge him at 106?
Roster and certification finishing up. Charley Boyle from Westwood was Section Champ and should be fully grown into weight class. Keegan Arthur (Mountain Point) solid as well.

Richards from Mountain View and Figueroa from Highland are both 113 now but may be able to wrestle at 108.

whenndoubtchokemout

"when in doubt, chokem out"
Nope. As long as they enroll before the first day of wrestling practice, they only have to sit out half the season. I understand not making it impossible for a kid to compete because his folks move to another city. But being able to switch between schools, that are 4 miles apart in the same town, mid-semester, is a bit ridiculous.
That puts CIBOLA right in the mix with SUNNYSIDE and CHANDLER for the team title

Mike Jarman

Roster and certification finishing up. Charley Boyle from Westwood was Section Champ and should be fully grown into weight class. Keegan Arthur (Mountain Point) solid as well.

Richards from Mountain View and Figueroa from Highland are both 113 now but may be able to wrestle at 108.
Charlie is about 112lbs.

tarcon157

Does anyone else see a problem with how easy it is, in Arizona, to transfer mid-school year and still compete in a sport?

Its only easy if your athletic director isnt out to destroy your program... up north a pretty tough school had 2 brothers move into town from Oregon and during enrollment the mom found the coaches on campus to meet them... the ad got word and decided to self report recruiting and ultimately got one of the coaches fired and is making the boys sit out of sports for a year and tore a family apart... remember this is a family from out of state who moved to be closer to family in yavapai county .. it is good to see that kids can transfer mid semester to better their opportunity without an a**hole ad steppng in to get back at a coach... Hopefully aia lets the current wrestlers on that team transfer out to a school with a coach and an athletic department that looks out for them not one that tries to destroy the program....

Hawestriker

Matt Ford (138 Horizon) pinned Tanner Waite tonight at Boulder Creek. He was 22-2 last year before he broke his hand.
Anymore news from the first night of action?

wjd

Waite was at 138. Finished 3rd, losing in the semis to the eventual champion from Corona.

wjd

He wrestled 133 last week at Embry Riddle. Maybe he'll get bored and want to drop down and wrestle where he'll probably be in college. (at least the 138 pounds hope)

whenndoubtchokemout

"when in doubt, chokem out"
Matt Ford (138 Horizon) pinned Tanner Waite tonight at Boulder Creek. He was 22-2 last year before he broke his hand.
Anymore news from the first night of action?
Big win for Matt, seen this kid wrestle since he was at Sunkist Kids Wrestling Academy. Had a great off season at some elite level camps.

bayoubadger

He wrestled 133 last week at Embry Riddle. Maybe he'll get bored and want to drop down and wrestle where he'll probably be in college. (at least the 138 pounds hope)
He's there because it is what is best for the team. He won't be going down (or up for that matter because let's be real he would win at 145 if he wanted) unless it is determined that is what is best for the team.