2017 - 2018 DI preseason rankings

Hawestriker

I sure hope you're wrong and I mean that in the best possible way. I hate to see any kid especially one as talented as Jacob give it up. Any idea why? Thanks
Robles was burnt out and had interest in other things. Decent possibility that he wrestles his senior year. We'll see...

East Valley

No.

Article 15.12.4.11 of the AIA Bylaws states: "Persons "indirectly associated with the school" include, but are not limited to, parents of players and booster club members. Such persons are prohibited from providing or performing any of the examples of recruitment listed in this section and its interpretations."

Let me preface this by saying that I believe in a parents right to put their child in the best situation for them! I was just speaking to a friend about that. I also like all the people at Chandler!

It’s important to look at a few things. Many schools have open enrollment. Do the Chandler schools have that? If they do & a kid comes in as a freshman that is a little different isn’t it? Can anyone tell me do the AIA rules apply the same if that kid was recruited (Directly or indirectly) by the program before they are a freshman? (As opposed to already having been in HS with another team) That answer could make a difference.

Look when the Chandler coaches started working at Sunkist common sense says they would draw some of those kids away because they are good people & coaches! When you work & travel with club kids you build a relationship with the them. Openly recruiting however (Directly or indirectly) is where the problem comes in. Proving it is even harder.

I have spoken to 6 different parents who have been allegedly indirectly recruited to go there. I’ve also been told about an all-star Jr High program that they allegedly are recruiting to feed into Chandler. I have no proof of this it’s just what I was told! Rumor. It may be false?

What we know for sure is all of the sudden a lot of high level kids just happen to be coming to Chandler. Maybe it’s just a coincidence? Maybe it’s just a coincidence that they all started coming when their coaches started at Sunkist? Maybe? In fairness the Chandler school district is teacher/coach friendly. They offer more money to teachers & make decisions quickly. They are what many teachers/parents wish school districts were like!

Now unless they are caught doing something wrong we have to assume that all the kids magically appearing at Chandler HS are registered within the rules. I assume Chandler has all their paperwork in order. Yes from the outside it looks fishy. I know a lot of people that are angry about what is allegedly happening. I also know people get jealous of success. So it will be interesting. If everything is done legitimately then they have nothing to worry about. Let’s wrestle!