2018 Weekend Wars

MingusCoach

Staff member
It will be good to see Griffin and family again. I don't know what the turn out will be like but many people been asking about the dates.

Yes we will have waivers available on site. More importantly please remember to bring your USA card. Weekend Wars is under new management and they have made it mandatory.

So Griffin is around 110 lbs now he has been off the mat for about a month. He is 14 and finishing his 8th grade year.. will you have some of your CV boys there around his age weight to work with.

MingusCoach

Staff member
Yes i have two kids at that weight and grade. I just never know if they are going to show up until Saturday.

Just a reminder to everyone, Weekend Wars is on for tomorrow the 26th.

MingusCoach

Staff member
Weekend Wars got off to a great start. Kids wrestled between 8 and 15 matches, most averaged 10.

I was happy to see California boys show up. They provided great quality matches. Thank you to all the parents and coaches that came up. Have a happy Memorial Day Weekend everyone.

My boys got about 8 quality matches each! Well worth the drive time! I already know of additional high schools and middle schools who will be sending kids to the next weekend wars. Already looking forward to it. Thanks for providing such a productive resource for everyone.

Came from CA to get some mat time in. Griffin got his A** handed to him in a positive uplifting manner on the mat. Despite not having stepped onto a mat in about 6 weeks he was humbled and is ready to attend the next WW to keep putting the time and work. We lov coming to C Verde . Coach Chagolla you are a rock sir. We appreciate all you do and love the fact that you put it all out there for this sport and these kids.

MingusCoach

Staff member
It goes without saying that those competitors who compete against quality wrestlers in the off-season, will prevail in the winter season. Life is a series of choices that lead to your destiny. Remember that you are in the driver’s seat in your journey. Make the right choices and life can be rewarding.

If you are looking for great competition then this is where you want to be. I encourage those of you that have not yet joined in on the fun at Weekend Wars, to please come and see for yourself what the excitement is all about.

I would like to thank all the Coaches for their contributions to Weekend Wars. We appreciate your invaluable support in helping us develop Weekend Wars into one of the best Off-season quality Mat time programs around.

We could never have achieved so much without coaches like yourselves. It is through your kindness and desire to help kids in the community that truly impresses me. I am truly touched by your generosity, your spirit, and willingness to go out of your way to help kids. You are real Mentors. I am indeed lucky to have friends like you in my life. Thank you again for being so thoughtful in your support.

Just a reminder that this Saturday June 9th, is the next Weekend Wars. See you all there.

Thanks
Coach Chagolla

Last edited:
YC brought some guys to weekend wars today and even though the numbers were down each kids was able to get about 8-10 matches. Awesome hospitality at Camp Verde. They do require a USA Wrestling cards besides the waiver. Thank you Camp Verde!

MingusCoach

Staff member
Read and Glean my dear friends and companions in this war!
REQUEST FOR A TRANSFER!

To: Commander in Chief of Spiritual Armed Forces, Jesus Christ

Dear Lord,
I am writing this to You to request a transfer to a desk job. I herewith present my reasons:
I began my career as a private. Because of the intensity of the battle, You have quickly moved me up in the ranks. You have given me a lot of responsibility and the battle has been really intense lately. I have tried to report for duty every time you have called me or there has been a time of battle and trouble. I am often in the line of fire and lately I have been wounded several times. Sometimes others shirk their responsibility and some have even gone AWOL, at a time when we needed everyone on the front line. I have to admit that I have been discouraged with the constant bombardment of the enemy and the little rest I have had lately as I have tried to watch and pray.
To be honest, I think someone else should take my place because I don’t feel I have the skills to do what you have called me to do. Maybe I would be better off with less responsibility and letting someone else take my place in the battle line.
I realize that You have promised to supply all I would need for the battle. But Sir, I must present You a realistic picture of my equipment. My uniform, once so crisp and starched is now stained with tears and blood of those I have tried to assist. The soles of my boots are cracked and worn from the miles I have walked trying to enlist and encourage the other troops. My weapons are marred, tarnished and chipped from constant battle against the enemy. Even the Book Regulations, the Bible I was issued has been torn and tattered from endless use. The words are now smeared with sweat and tears.
You have promised You would be with me throughout, but when the noise of the battle is so loud and the confusion is so great, I can neither see nor hear You. I feel so alone. I’m tired. I’m discouraged. I have Battle Fatigue. I would never ask You for a discharge. I love being in Your service. But I humbly request a demotion and transfer. I’ll file papers or clean latrines. Just get me out of the battle—please, Sir.

Your Faithful, but Tired, Warrior

To: Faithful, but Tired, Soldier, Spiritual Armed Forces Location: The Battlefield

SUBJECT: Transfer

Dear Soldier: Your request for transfer has been denied. I herewith present My reasons:
You are needed in this battle. I have selected you, and I will keep My Word to supply your need. You do not need a demotion and transfer. You need a period of “R&R” – Renewal and Refreshing. I am setting aside a place on the battlefield that is fully protected from the enemy and the dangers of war. I will meet you there and I will give you rest. I will remove your old equipment and “make all things new.” You have been wounded in the battle, My soldier. Your wounds are not visible, but you have received grave internal injuries. You need to be healed. I will heal you. You have been weakened in the battle. You need to be strengthened. I will strengthen you and be your strength. I will instill in you confidence and ability. My Words will rekindle within you a renewed love, zeal, and enthusiasm. Report to Me tattered and empty. I will refill you.

Compassionately,

Your Commander in Chief,

Jesus Christ

MingusCoach

Staff member
Just a reminder, Weekend Wars this Saturday.

1. There are still no entry fee charges. Everything is free.

2. Only kids in 5th to 12th grade are permitted to participate

3. Only those with USA Wrestling cards will be permitted to participate.

4. An additional signed waiver and release of liability is still required.

This is the place for quality mat time during the off season. The tournament attracts many serious contenders from throughout Arizona and from out of state. Anybody that’s a serious wrestler, practices and participates in Summer tournaments as preparation for the Winter season. Each wrestler who attends is given the opportunity to wrestle up to at least 10 matches. This is a big draw for other teams statewide, as well as teams from out of state, who face the same dilemma, which is the lack of wrestling competition. Nonstop grappling takes place on seven mats and by the end of the day there is an abundance of mat burns, a few bloody noses, but a wealth of wrestling experience for each athlete that makes the trip to Camp Verde.

Another well spent Saturday morning at Camp Verde Weekend Wars! By 10:00 both my boys had 7 matches! Some real go getters had over 10 matches by 10:30! Shout out to the Yuma kids and parents/coaches. Yuma showed up in force and had some really tough kids. They will be hard to beat next year cause of the time they are putting in now. Also had a stud kid from New Mexico who was taking on all comers. Champions are being built at Weekend Wars. Thanks Camp Verde coaches for all you do for our young men and ladies. Strong group of girls were also present. See you all again in 2 weeks.

MingusCoach

Staff member
Just a reminder, Weekend Wars is on again this Saturday the 7th. 5th thru 12th grade only. USA wrestling cards are mandatory.