5th Veterans Memorial Inv @ Window Rock, Dec 14-15, 2018

Hillis

VMI OW Fight Shorts.png The 4th VMI was a great success!! 27 teams competed in our arena (I gotta call it what it is) and we saw some great matches. The Blue Devils from Sunnyside shook things up and took the tournament, followed by Camp Verde, Page, Ironwood, Los Alamos NM, Round Valley, Mingus and Chinle (for the top eight).
We're not going to stop there. The WRock is inviting 35 teams for the 5th VMI. That's going to equal ten duals for EVERY team. TEN!! Do you hear me?! Ten matches and our fees will stay the same or my name isn't Coach Hillis. Plenty of mat time. So far there are teams from Las Vegas NV to Moriarty NM that competed. All three of our OutStanding Wrestlers were 2018 state champs with a combined record of 175-0 for this season alone! (Whitewater-Page, Bravo-Young -SS and Henderson-Blue Ridge).
So if you want a piece of this action and immerse your team in some great mat mayhem, contact me, Coach Marc Hillis @ Mhillis@wrschool.net for a flyer. The Marines will test your wrestlers' pull-up strength, Bob P. from the valley makes some great shirts and you can get away from the norm.
Our operators are standing by.....
(Ok, they're not really standing by. It's just me. I know I sound like a used car salesman or that Robocop "I'd-buy-that-for-a-dollar" guy... I just really would like your team to be part of this). Your teams make our tournament what it is.

Last edited:

Hillis

We're on our way to filling up with 36 teams.... 3 to go. Remember, every team gets ten duals (on eight mats) and the girls will be an individual tournament (on two mats). WE HAVE THE ROOM FOR THIS ....AND THEN SOME! If you are interested or know of an interested team, feel free to pass this on. All schools are welcome.

Teams confirmed for 2018:
Window Rock
Gallup NM
Chinle (will also have a team for Girls VMI)
Newcomb NM
Round Valley
Mingus
Page (will also have a team for Girls VMI)
Hopi
Rancho NV
Moriarty NM
Los Alamos NM
Tohono O'odham
Monument Valley AZ
Perry
American Leadership Academy-QC
Wingate NM
Many Farms
Pinon
Mohave (will also have a team for Girls VMI)
Red Mesa
Miami
Buena
Northland Prep Academy
Blue Ridge
Farmington NM
Miyamura NM
Ganado
Bloomfield NM
San Carlos
Tuba City
Prescott
Rock Point
Winslow
Tolleson (Girls VMI only)
Sierra Linda (Girls VMI only)

Mid school/Jr.High will have their tournament on Dec 13, same place. Contact for the TMS tournament is Coach Duane Hanley, Dhanley@wrschool.net

There's fight shorts for Boys and Girls, free lodging if you camp out on the mats, plenty of food for coaches and a great T-shirt vendor.
Coach Marc Hillis, Mhillis@wrschool.net

Hillis, Aug 22, 2018

Last edited:

Hillis

Girls VMI-
there are four teams entered now as Girls teams (Mohave, Tolleson, Chinle, Sierra Linda, and Page).
If you want your girls entered to entered as a team, contact me and I'll send you the flyer. Most of the athletes for the Girls VMI will be pulled from the boys teams as it is an individual tournament.
Most of your Navajo schools, along with TO, and Miyamura will provide many athletes so this isn't going to be a bare minimum tournament. Other teams will have an a female athlete or two with them entered in for the Girls.

Hillis

We lost a team and gained a team, so we're still at the same number and will take 3 more teams for the boys.

Girls VMI is looking well and I think we'll have full brackets, with an additional two teams also trying to get it.