Coach Question

BDBlue

And that is what “New Coach” has now with Sunnyside Wrestling Academy. Nate Gallick went to Foothills his freshman year btw.

I never stated that Nate didn't go there his freshman year, Read My Post... I said that he, among the others mentioned, were not actively recruited and came on their own.

AZ_wrestlinFan#1

Hector Daza, Rene Torres, Nate Gallick, and Jame's Terry were all never ACTIVELY RECRUITED! They cam on their own volition... I;m sure the "Old Coach" had no hand in that. Regardless his teams still won with 95-99% HOME GROWN, SOUTHSIDE BRED KIDS FROM THH NEIGHBORHOOD! You can reference Nick Gallick or Cedrick Gonzalez as they never set foot at another school since 7th Grade. They can attest to that as they went to SS their whole HS Careers and had be training at SS as kids.
I’m sure “New Coach” isn’t recruiting either and these “transfers” come on their own volition as well.

BDBlue

I think
And that is what “New Coach” has now with Sunnyside Wrestling Academy. Nate Gallick went to Foothills his freshman year btw.

its interesting that he call's it Sunnyside Wrestling Academy when he doesn't coach the kids in said academy but takes credit for them, and has them training at a gym in town rather than the room at SS.

BDBlue

I’m sure “New Coach” isn’t recruiting either and these “transfers” come on their own volition as well.

That's laughable... Your telling me the New Coaches reputation is so grand and has such a wide reach that it reaches ALL THE WAY TO FREAKING CUBA! Give me a break! I'm done going back and forth with you! This is hilarious!

This will be my last post! :)...

AZ_wrestlinFan#1

I think

its interesting that he call's it Sunnyside Wrestling Academy when he doesn't coach the kids in said academy but takes credit for them, and has them training at a gym in town rather than the room at SS.
Would you be referring to TCWC?

Last edited:

AZ_wrestlinFan#1

That's laughable... Your telling me the New Coaches reputation is so grand and has such a wide reach that it reaches ALL THE WAY TO FREAKING CUBA! Give me a break! I'm done going back and forth with you! This is hilarious!

This will be my last post! :)...
What happened to “Let’s Talk!”

Coach Pat

I have absolutely no dog in this fight. Just wanted to clear up that Nate did go to Sunnyside as a freshmen, because he was a freshman when I was a senior and I remember watching him wrestle. Just wanted to clarify that. That's all.

homerdindon

I have absolutely no dog in this fight. Just wanted to clear up that Nate did go to Sunnyside as a freshmen, because he was a freshman when I was a senior and I remember watching him wrestle. Just wanted to clarify that. That's all.
Gallick is only 2 years younger than us, and definitely went to Catalina Foothills as a freshman.

Coach Pat

Gallick is only 2 years younger than us, and definitely went to Catalina Foothills as a freshman.
Ok. If that's the case, I stand corrected. I must have seen him as a sophomore then and thought he was a freshman. Was he a runner up as a sophomore then?

Ortiz149

Who's the better Coach...

The Coach that wins with a team of "Recruited" Transfers (I use parenthesis with recruited because I know how we all try and keep that on the hush and attempt to justify) OR the coach that uses neighborhood kids and developed them from the ground up and wins?

I ask because I was having a debate with one of my coworkers regarding a Old Coach at a certain school and how he won, versus a new coach now at the same school who is also winning. They think the new coach is better because he is winning with transferred in and possibly dare I say "recruited" talent and I argue that the old coach is better because of his sustained success with developed neighborhood talent.

Just wanted to pose the question to the masses and see their opinions. Not trying to rile anything up :) or anything! The boards have been much to quiet lately!
JMO... Both are great coaches... Coach with all the recruits is working his butt off year round, and his program's work speaks for itself. Being someone who transferred schools, I don't judge these coaches who sacrifice their time and grind to build up programs. They sacrifice just like the coaches who build up programs from their neighborhood. If kids getting recruited hurts coaches feelings; do something about it.... Work your A** off and make your program better. I can guarantee you all that if coaches worked their A** off and put in the effort to grow their program the kids would want to stay, and parents would give a second thought before going through all the BS to transfer their kid. Look at what Santa Cruz is doing... If they can do it anyone can do it. Look at Chavez, Look at Thunderbird with Linsacum, Safford, when Edwards was churning out college AA's, Camp Verde, Mingus with Wokasch.

At the end of the day, its all about the kids. As a coach its my job to get my kids ready, its my job to put them in the best place to succeed. Its their job as students to get good grades so we can get them recruited. I think the focus needs to be on getting our kids (AZ) better. Not worrying about the next coach and what they are doing...

my 2 cents