D1 Comprehensive Rankings

bayoubadger

Justin Clatterbuck at Perry Beat Padwe at sectionals and, placed higher than meneses there as well
I know I watched the matches. Padwe split with Clatterbuck and had more quality wins. Meneses’s record is better and also more quality wins. 220 is hard to rank. They have kind of beat each other up.

Elite101

I know I watched the matches. Padwe split with Clatterbuck and had more quality wins. Meneses’s record is better and also more quality wins. 220 is hard to rank. They have kind of beat each other up.
It will be a very interesting wieght class to watch at state

pumas1170

I was confused about 220 as well. All of Clatterbuck’s losses, with the exception of Padwe the first time, have been against section champs or out of state kids. Curious how a kid is ranked, wins his section over 2 other ranked kids and falls out of the rankings. I appreciate the effort that goes into these rankings! Everyone has to earn it this weekend. Just curious is all. Going to be a fun weekend in Prescott! 220 will be interesting!

AzWildCard

My picks. I’m seeing a lot of upsets. Should be fun.

106-Brown SS
113- Kvavle- Chandler
120- Garcia- SS
126- Kelly- Chandler
132- RBY- SS
138- Nickle- CDS
145- Groves- Chandler
152- Gandara- Cibola
160- Jacobs- BCP
170- Castaneda- Cibola
182- Crump-Valencia- Tucson
195- Hollen- MMV
220- Garcia- MMV
HWT- Mommer- Cibola

bayoubadger

I was confused about 220 as well. All of Clatterbuck’s losses, with the exception of Padwe the first time, have been against section champs or out of state kids. Curious how a kid is ranked, wins his section over 2 other ranked kids and falls out of the rankings. I appreciate the effort that goes into these rankings! Everyone has to earn it this weekend. Just curious is all. Going to be a fun weekend in Prescott! 220 will be interesting!
Part of it is I had to add some in that I had missed before. It was much easier with the Section Final Results in Track Wrestling to have everyone's record. The other is that I watched the matches at sectionals. Clatterbuck took overtime to beat a Sunnyside JV Wrestler. I understand your point about his losses, but other than 1 win against Padwe he has not beaten anyone of significance in the State.

AZ_wrestlinFan#1

My picks. I’m seeing a lot of upsets. Should be fun.

106-Brown SS
113- Kvavle- Chandler
120- Garcia- SS
126- Kelly- Chandler
132- RBY- SS
138- Nickle- CDS
145- Groves- Chandler
152- Gandara- Cibola
160- Jacobs- BCP
170- Castaneda- Cibola
182- Crump-Valencia- Tucson
195- Hollen- MMV
220- Garcia- MMV
HWT- Mommer- Cibola
113 Kvavle goes to Corona Del Dol. Alanis is Chandler’s 113.

Last edited by a moderator:

FamousLie

My picks

106: Brown, SS
113: Ybarra, SS
120: Garcia, SS
126: Kelly, Chandler
132: RBY, SS
138: Rodriguez, SS
145: Cole, BC
152: Gandara, Cibola
160: Kellenberger, Horizon
170: Castaneda, Cibola
182: Crump-Valencia, Tucson
195: Rees, SS
220: Phillips, Cibola
285: Mommer, Cibola

Marco groves walked off the mat when he was wrestling Jacobs , groves was losing 14-3 with 17 seconds left , when the time stopped at 12 seconds left groves walked off the mat and made a big scene!very disappointed

whenndoubtchokemout

"when in doubt, chokem out"
My picks D1

106: Brown, SS
113: Kvavle, Corona
120: Garcia, SS
126: Kelly, Chandler
132: RBY, SS
138: Waite, Highland
145: Groves, Chandler
152: Gandara, Cibola
160: Jacobs, Brophy
170: Castaneda, Cibola
182: Crump-Valencia, Tucson
195: Hollen, Mesa Mt. View
220: Phillips, Cibola
285: Mommer, Cibola

az_wrestler

126- I will go with the under dog Loaiza. seems like everyone has counted him out.
also Jacob Garcia vs Gandara? ...again Garcia
State Team: The team everyone loves to Hate..Sunnyside

FamousLie

Marco groves walked off the mat when he was wrestling Jacobs , groves was losing 14-3 with 17 seconds left , when the time stopped at 12 seconds left groves walked off the mat and made a big scene!very disappointed

What exactly happened? I heard he threw a punch but then they said he didn't.

Groves was aggressively clubbing Jacobs , they stopped the match and give him a caution after that he did it again , that’s when he walked off the mat , then a old man runs to groves ( the old man rumored to be groves dad) tells him to shake Jacobs hand but groves push’s the old man and filps him off !100% real, you could ask anyone who was there !