D1 Comprehensive Rankings

wjd

Team competition is over, but I believe SS only has 4 in the finals. That's a moral victory for the rest of the state.

pumas1170

Starting to think you just have an issue with the kid. Maybe you don’t like his style but he wins matches. Made semis and top 6 and you can’t even give him credit for that. Two of the kids you have ranked ahead of him won’t place.

FamousLie

SS is still doing really well, 4 in the finals, I missed on two, Boyles upsetting Brown was huge. I figured they would get at least 5. But the good news for them is the strength of their bigger guys. Rees, Mordecai and Wyatt are all placers and will all likely score more points. 220 I think SS gets a placer where I didn't think they would. 285 is a tossup, even SS an underdog to Torrez from Hamilton. If they can pick up two podium finishes from those guys, no chance. In order for Cibola to catch them, since they're the only team with a realistic chance, SS would have to not gain those 2 extra placers and would have to lose at least 3 of their finals matches, and the placers they have who didn't make the finals would all have to finish 5th or 6th with minimal bonus points. All with Cibola winning their finals matches, placing ahead at 106, and getting some bonus points.

Unlikely but crazy things have happened before. I still don't think SS would collapse like that. I hope Cibola wins their finals matches though. Gandara and Mommer are fun wrestlers to watch. I will make a not so bold prediction that SS goes 4 for 4 in the finals though. One of those is the biggest lock ever.

AzWildCard

Having 8-9 Sunnyside wrestlers ranked #1 was far fetched. They have a good team but you can’t compare this squad to their early 2000 teams. Garcia and RBY are clear favorites. The Ybarra vs Kvavle rematch will be fun to watch.

You have to be able to win those close matches.