6- Christian Riordan Mesa
HM: Alanso kofa 6th at state, Christopherson BC, Zack karentinos Red Mtn

1-RBY sunnyside 3x state champ
2-Lutz horizon wins over roper & Doolen
3-Roper Basha 4th at state
4-Doolen Mesa Mountain View
5- steven Jarman Mesa
6-Alex Karentinos red mtn 6th at state
HM: Robert Dominguez Cesar Chavez, Bellnap Highland, Santamaria Tuccon.

1-Pool Cibola 2nd at state
2-Bryce Nickel Corina 3rd at state
3-Bigelo chandler wins over Waite and Ford this year
4-Waite Highland- 3rd at state
5-Rodríguez- sunnysise 3rd at state
6-Ford horizon- win over Waite
HM: Cody Foot red mountain

Last edited:

homerdindon

These look pretty good to me. From their weights at Blackford, it did look like Alanis and their current 126 are both moving down a weight. Like you, I'd also be surprised if Kelly stayed at 132 with it looking like RBY will be there.

Please update 113 Kavale (Corona) to the correct spelling which is Kvavle. Please change 106->108 and 113->115 to be consistent with other weights which have the 2 lbs.

What about other weight rankings above 140 lbs?

Last edited:

Mike Jarman

Please update 113 Kavale (Corona) to the correct spelling which is Kvavle. Please change 106->108 and 113->115 to be consistent with other weights which have the 2 lbs.

What about other weight rankings above 140 lbs?

I’m no official person just a fan. I don’t know enough about the upper weights to rank. I would like to see an official ranking for all the weights myself.

Mike Jarman

Just a piece of info to add, I heard a rumor that Richards from Mountain View Mesa at 115 is gonna be dropping to 108. Supposedly he weighed in at 110 for their last dual but looked very weak and had no energy. It seemed to me (just my speculation) that he was alreasy cutting quite a bit last yr to make 108. For him to go 108 again seems crazy.

AZ_wrestlinFan#1

Juan Sierra at 106 (Cibola) should be #2, he has a win over Zack Espalin when they were at Temecula Valley. Also Benjamin Alaniss at 113 should be #2 as well with a win over Kvavle.

Last edited:

Mike Jarman

Juan Sierra (Cibola) should be #2, he has a win over Zack Espalin when they were at Temecula Valley. Also Benjamin Alaniss should be #2 as well with a win over Kvavle.

I moved Johnny Sierra up. Was planning that already thx for the reminder. As far a Alanis, he did beat kvavle but he hasn’t beaten Valenzuela. I moved kvale to 4 and Alanis 3. Alanis and Kvavle were in the same bracket at a tournament this weekend with kvavle placing 3rd and Alanis DNP. Head to head is more important though.

Last edited:
Mike please correct the spelling of the 115 pounder Kvavale from Corona it should be KVAVLE (not two a's just two V's). Gotta disagree with the ranking at fourth. He has beat Kofa, he beat Turnbuckle who be Alanis. He lost to Ybarra in OT at Peoria to take second. Then went to battle of the belt in CA a couple weeks ago and took 3rd where Alanis lost and did not place.

Also, in the 108 weights, Zack from Chandler beat Juan from Cibola at Battle for the Belts so they should probably flip between 2nd - 3rd

Mike Jarman

Mike please correct the spelling of the 115 pounder Kvavale from Corona it should be KVAVLE (not two a's just two V's). Gotta disagree with the ranking at fourth. He has beat Kofa, he beat Turnbuckle who be Alanis. He lost to Ybarra in OT at Peoria to take second. Then went to battle of the belt in CA a couple weeks ago and took 3rd where Alanis lost and did not place.

If Hornbuckle was the same weight then you would have an argument but he is a different weight so it can’t be counted equally. I do believe there is a good chance kvavle will place higher than Alanis but head to head is the most import criteria for rankings. I don’t see on track where Kvavle has wrestled Valenzuela or where Alanis has wrestled Valenzuela. That would factor in for sure. Can you verify that if either of the matches has actually happened. You said kvavle has beaten kofa.

If Hornbuckle was the same weight then you would have an argument but he is a different weight so it can’t be counted equally. I do believe there is a good chance kvavle will place higher than Alanis but head to head is the most import criteria for rankings. I don’t see on track where Kvavle has wrestled Valenzuela or where Alanis has wrestled Valenzuela. That would factor in for sure. Can you verify that if either of the matches has actually happened. You said kvavle has beaten kofa.
Actually all three (Alanis, Hornbuckle and Kvavle) all wrestled at 120 before January. They all have one loss. Kvavle lost to Alanis, then Alanis lost to Hornbuckle, then Kvavle beat Hornbuckle. Alanis and Kvavle dropped to 115 in January. Hornbuckle stayed at 120. Alanis and Kvavle both wrestled at the battle of the belts at 115 where Alanis did not place and Kvavle beat the person who beat Alanis. You are correct that Hornbuckle is not in the same weight class at this point. I may have Valenzuela wrong, I think Kvavle wrestled him last year at state but not this year. I dont think Kofa meets Chandler or Corona until state.

Mike Jarman

Actually all three (Alanis, Hornbuckle and Kvavle) all wrestled at 120 before January. They all have one loss. Kvavle lost to Alanis, then Alanis lost to Hornbuckle, then Kvavle beat Hornbuckle. Alanis and Kvavle dropped to 115 in January. Hornbuckle stayed at 120. Alanis and Kvavle both wrestled at the battle of the belts at 115 where Alanis did not place and Kvavle beat the person who beat Alanis. You are correct that Hornbuckle is not in the same weight class at this point. I may have Valenzuela wrong, I think Kvavle wrestled him last year at state but not this year. I dont think Kofa meets Chandler or Corona until state.

I was aware of those matches just haven’t seen Kvavle or Alanis wrestle the kofa kid and he has wrestle close matches with yabarra as well so I can’t see putting Alanis above kofa and I can’t see putting Kvavle above Alanis since he lost to him head to head and he had not beaten anyone ranked ahead of Alanis either. Kvavle and Valenzuela (kofa) were different weight classes at state last year (Kvavle 3rd at 108 and Valenzuela 3rd at 115) so they could not have wrestled at state. You have not yet presented sufficient evidence for me to change Rankings. Again the rankings are not necessarily how I think the kids will end up placing. The rankings are based on actual results. I’d be happy to hear anyone else’s opinion about this. I have no attachment or bias towards any of the kids at 115 I believe the way I have it ranked best reflects the actual results from the season.