d3 2019/2020 rankings

NEC1972

Suggest revisiting the 182 rankings. Servando last year missed the second half of the season to injury and has already lost to Mark Orlando H2H (195) this season. Alan Montesinos is only currently 7-2, with 2 forfeits and both losses to Campos, and is bumping up 40lbs from last year. There are others that need consideration.

Mark Orlando from Shadow Mountain 13-1 S3
Miles Hammond from Poston Butte is 14-4 S2
Korben Shuler from Desert Edge is 21-0 S3
Payson Cardon from Snowflake 15-1 S4
Travis Christianson from Payson 13-1 S4
Logan Richardson from Mesquite 19-5 S2

I would also add Dakota McMains from Chino Valley but it looks like he might be going 170 with Keller Rock going 160, based upon previous weigh-ins.

Last edited:

Levi

170-Conrad Brady from Mingus should be in the mix. He takes on Keller Rock of Chino Valley at Mile High in the Semis tomorrow.

170-Conrad Brady from Mingus should be in the mix. He takes on Keller Rock of Chino Valley at Mile High in the Semis tomorrow.
That was an interesting match. I’ve watched Keller several times this year and he seemed like he had something to prove when they wrestled in the semi’s.

jfingd

Staff member

He did lose Mile High in the finals last year, to Kellenberg. It's Chino Valley's own tournament. Not saying he had something to PROVE--just an item on his list to check off. He's taken second place there twice. As far as i know--it's his first win there, in High School.

CVCougar

He really wasn't trying to prove anything, he was just a little banged up and needed to get off the mat quick to have time to recoup for a tough finals match with a much bigger kid. We've been moving him up and down to the deepest weights to get him quality matches and 170's was pretty loaded at the Mile High this year. You are right, winning that tournament was nice to check off his list. The hick in him really wanted a belt buckle. Brady is a really tough kid but didn't look like he was firing on all cylinders after a long layoff. They will see each other a few more times this season and they will be fun matches to watch.

JB Doubles

also Damian Hosokawa of Mesquite is back for his senior year and he's been doing well. He was in the rankings last year before he left for the season. 132s I think (He was 5th in state his sophomore year and did not finish his season last year for reasons unknown to me).

I know he competes in BJJ at a very High Level... doing both can take a toll.

De1

Suggest revisiting the 182 rankings. Servando last year missed the second half of the season to injury and has already lost to Mark Orlando H2H (195) this season. Alan Montesinos is only currently 7-2, with 2 forfeits and both losses to Campos, and is bumping up 40lbs from last year. There are others that need consideration.

Mark Orlando from Shadow Mountain 13-1 S3
Miles Hammond from Poston Butte is 14-4 S2
Korben Shuler from Desert Edge is 21-0 S3
Payson Cardon from Snowflake 15-1 S4
Travis Christianson from Payson 13-1 S4
Logan Richardson from Mesquite 19-5 S2

I would also add Dakota McMains from Chino Valley but it looks like he might be going 170 with Keller Rock going 160, based upon previous weigh-ins.
Robert White from Safford 46-0