Division 3 Rankings

manassra is 220... training for his trip to fargo made him lose some weight... he also had a great match with jacobs last night... :)
Nice job with rankings.
Chris Johnson Payson wrestled last night. ...I am not sure where he will end up. My opinion would be rank him 2nd at 170 ( he wrestled 182 last night) for now.

You had better move Mickelson from 220 and make the Combs kid number 1 or his dad will get all over you. (See crazy thread in D3 returners) I am just kidding, i would wait a couple weeks to see what Mckelson does, but he would be a light 220 albeit still in my opinion the favorite to win it.

Also per post in D2 rankings Waldon Grove grabbed a highly ranked stud from Desert Vista I think.....that will prob go 145 I bet.

I am sure Safford has some surprises as well for great wrestlers yet to be named. Mark my words Showlow will have 3 or 4 more wrestlers enter rankings in the upcoming weeks.

For team rankings right now I like:
SHOWLOW with Waldon Grove and Safford nipping at their heels.

All 3 of those teams meet next week at Marana Mt View. Should

Last edited:

AZ_wrestlinFan#1

Couldn’t? More like wouldn’t. He made no attempt to escape. He built up enough points and had enough time to kick back and relax and give up stalling points. He had business to attend to later and needed to conserve his energy.

TUMBLEWEED

mordecai was overwhelmed the whole match. He scored 1 escape and was given the other. Head ref weighed in on two calls matside. The first point awarded to Torres was because of an illegal move. The main official on the mat said mordecai hit Torres in the face deliberately. Sunnyside coach contested that point and head referee of tournament explained the rule and held the ruling. I forgot the other "bad officiating" but I think it was over an escape that wasn't awarded. Sunnyside argued that too and head ref kept the call. I have them recorded.

Torres beat mordecai solidly. It was Torres creating havoc the whole match. Yes, he had a bloody nose but it was plugged up a couple times.

The sportsmanship: Marcos de niza lost a point. Torres raised his hands in victory the last ten seconds while atop a very overwhelmed mordecai. I know that was unsportsmanlike but... it was an exciting win for him. Torres was apologetic. It was, to me, less offensive than taunting, starting a scuffle, or throwing a tantrum.

Being a champion means more then earning a 1st place trophy at any given tournament or going undefeated your senior year.
Some kids and coaches learn to become champions over time by dealing with victories and defeats. Maybe as an individual or as a team. There is no one out there that hasn’t lost. We as parents and coaches teach our children how to deal with losses but sometimes forget to teach them how to win properly.
A true champ will be expecting to win the match therefore won’t act crazy when they win. On the flip side they don’t freak out when they loose because they have to much respect for them selfs, their opponent, the crowd, their team, the refs, THE SPORT.
Glad it was a learning experience for the kids.
I hope Torres truly learned something about himself, that is what it’s all about and would make it worth while.

On a side note, if the same Torres that wrestled Mordecai wrestles the same Allen that wrestled Mordecai there is no way Torres going to loose that match. Allen would be better dropping to 60’s to try and earn a 4th state title. Too big of a jump for him.

SPRAWL

Updated D3 rankings as of 1/30.

1. Whitewater-Page
2. Perez-Sunrise Mtn
3. Lopez-Walden Grove
4. Jolly-Casa Grande
5. Billups-Coconino
6. Fellows-Show Low
1. Perkins-Snowflake
2. Ruiz-Yuma
3. Ramirez-Sunrise Mtn
4. Howard-Sahuarita
5. Long-Show Low
6. Russo-Thnderbird
1. Guerrero-Walden Grove
2. Shuaibe-Jones-MDN * Win over Ruiz
4. D. Lujan-Pueblo
5. Schwiegart-Show Low
6. Matherson-Buckeye
1. Rivera-Estrella Fotthills
2. B. Lujan-Pueblo
3. Bateman-Show Low
4. Lombillo-Safford
5. Howard-Sahuarita
6. Jasper-Chino Valley
1. Finch-Safford
2. Bugarin-Yuma
3. Ramos-Walden Grove
4. Nelson-Combs
5. Cordero-Peoria
6. June-Page
1. Silva-Walden Grove
2. Wilhelm-Show Low
3. Vargas-Apache Junction
4. Miller-Mingus
5. Penrod-Page
6. Carabeo-Sahuarita
1. Svoboda-Mingus
2. McKissick-CDO
3. Wayman-Lee Williams
4. Kilgore-Walden Grove
5. Thomas-Greenway
6. Lund-Chino Valley
1. Andrews-Safford
2. Elmer-Payson
3. Cruz-Youngker
4. Doerksen-Mingus
5. Coates-Prescott
6. Mortensen-Chino Valley
1. Alex Torres-Marcos de Niza
2. White-Safford
3. Rock-Chino Valley
4. Gamez-Walden Grove
5. Curley III-Chinle
6. Acuna-Sahuarita
1. Allen-Show Low
2. Andrew Torres-Marcos de Niza
3. Susel-Florence
4. Campos-Yuma
5. Mata-Peoria
6. Shaffer-Lee Williams
1. Henderson-Blue Ridge
2. Sanchez-Yuma
3. Finch-Safford
4. McCarty-Cactus
5. Johnson-MDN
6. DeWitt-Show Low
1. Mickelson-Thunderbird
2. Keime-Show Low
3. Chagolla-Peoria
4. Wright-AJ
5. Sanford-Safford
6. Ibanez-Pueblo

1. Jacobs-Combs
2. Umphres-Safford
3. Manassra-MDN
4. Garcia-Yuma
5. Powe-Estrella Foothills
6. Wagner-Chinle

HWT
1. Arnold-Florence
2. Vega-Yuma
3. Clark-Moon Valley
4. Nelson-Prescott
5. Delgado-Buckeye
6. Leasau-Dysart

Last edited:

SPRAWL

Being a champion means more then earning a 1st place trophy at any given tournament or going undefeated your senior year.
Some kids and coaches learn to become champions over time by dealing with victories and defeats. Maybe as an individual or as a team. There is no one out there that hasn’t lost. We as parents and coaches teach our children how to deal with losses but sometimes forget to teach them how to win properly.
A true champ will be expecting to win the match therefore won’t act crazy when they win. On the flip side they don’t freak out when they loose because they have to much respect for them selfs, their opponent, the crowd, their team, the refs, THE SPORT.
Glad it was a learning experience for the kids.
I hope Torres truly learned something about himself, that is what it’s all about and would make it worth while.

On a side note, if the same Torres that wrestled Mordecai wrestles the same Allen that wrestled Mordecai there is no way Torres going to loose that match. Allen would be better dropping to 60’s to try and earn a 4th state title. Too big of a jump for him.
I don't believe you will see the same Allen that wrestled Mordecai, my sources tell me that he suffered an injury in the 1st
period against Mordecai and was unable to shoot well or finish his shots. Not trying to make excuses, that just what I heard.
It will undoubtedly be an exciting finals match!

Seth1983

Mcarty from cactus is 29 and 3 only losing to 2 div II... placed 2nd at ironwood first at big red 2nd and Jerry Benson... the yuma kid weighed in but did not wrestle him at multi at Yonkers last week is Sanchez hurt???

chingon76

Staff member
Mcarty from cactus is 29 and 3 only losing to 2 div II... placed 2nd at ironwood first at big red 2nd and Jerry Benson... the yuma kid weighed in but did not wrestle him at multi at Yonkers last week is Sanchez hurt???
Yonkers?
Never mind. I figured it out youngker

arizonalove

Counting the number of kids on the rankings list from Show low, Walden Grove, Yuma, and Safford is pretty close. Like someone said before, its not the studs, but who you can push through at sectionals that can get you some points at State. Not sure if any other Division is this close.

SPRAWL

Sanchez was injured at the Mountain View Duals against DeWitt from Show Low, hasn't wrestled since.

SPRAWL

Updated D3 rankings as of 1/15.

1. Lopez-Walden Grove
2. Whitewater-Page
3. Perez-Sunrise Mtn Profile record not complete
4. Fellows-Show Low.
5. Billups-Coconino
6. Avalos CDO
1. Perkins-Snowflake
2. Campista-Pueblo
3. Ramirez-Sunrise Mtn Profile record not complete
4. Long-Show Low