Freshman State?

jfingd

Staff member
Will there be a High School Freshman State Tournament--and can freshmen who wrestle varsity participate?---EDIT:

I think I just answered my own question: Mt View (Mesa) looks like they're hosting an "All Arizona Freshman" Tournament on 2/1--the same day as sectionals.

So no varsity. Smart.

Last edited:

jfingd

Staff member
Will there be a High School Freshman State Tournament--and can freshmen who wrestle varsity participate?---EDIT:

I think I just answered my own question: Mt View (Mesa) looks like they're hosting an "All Arizona Freshman" Tournament on 2/1--the same day as sectionals.

So no varsity. Smart.

Hmmmmmm

So is this on TrackWrestling?

DC55

Couldn't find the Freshman State Tourney that is today on Track but did see the Sectionals

Jay Lee

There were many freshman who wrestled varsity this year at the freshman tournament on Saturday. As far as I know, the only caveat to them participating is that they had to comply with AIA rules in regards to 12 weigh ins for the regular season. This tournament happened prior to sectionals, so it wasn't considered a post season tournament.

Coach Pat

There were many freshman who wrestled varsity this year at the freshman tournament on Saturday. As far as I know, the only caveat to them participating is that they had to comply with AIA rules in regards to 12 weigh ins for the regular season. This tournament happened prior to sectionals, so it wasn't considered a post season tournament.

That's a legitimate point, although, I dont think most people, including myself really keep track. I know I send freshmen who are on varsity, but I won't send a freshmen who is destroying people on varsity. In regards to the younger guys, most coaches probably just want to get as many matches as possible for these guys.