How is it legal? or is it?

mlksek

Are wrestlers allowed to wrap their hands with tape for a better grip and use it to cause harm? He is not hurt and only wraps it before what he calls "A tough match". He has also been wrapping since the season started.
If so how to stop them before a match? Is there anyway to prove it is not an injury? Because it is his word against yours when you just overheard the conversation. If every wrestlers starts wrapping his hands we might as well call it BOXING?

East Valley

There is no way to tell if someone is faking an injury. At our section two kids that had qualified for state were disqualified for what was called slamming. (They did have a mental lapse) Both the boys that were slammed stayed on the mat one took an ambulance. Magically they were both at state the next week. It was a miracle! Haha! I have a video of my boy bringing a kid down too hard. (My son was wrong to do that) The kids coach runs out and says "Stay down & you win". Sadly this does happen. Luckily for my boy the kid bounced up.

Personally I don't think it's an advantage having it taped. Some coaches may teach that though?

Last edited: