Megatron Phoenix Oct 10-11

MEGATRON

Hello Everyone,

I am pleased to let everyone know that Megatron has made some changes to how we run tournaments and we have had some great success! Computers in convention centers has not worked out at all, so we have eliminated computers and it has been awesome ever since. Orlando, Dallas and Atlantic City were all very successful, efficient and were up to my standards when it comes to total competitor, fan experience. We have started on time, ended early, no dead mats throughout the day and people leaving happy and excited about returning the following year. Duels have ran without a hitch. For the individual tournament, we use same mat, match #, we make announcements often so everyone is on track with where each mat is in regards to progression, and advancement. The tournament is ready to go as soon as you walk through the doors!

We are looking forward to Phoenix Oct 10-11, and we will also give out the next 3 years of dates for Phoenix at the tournament!

We have some deals for all who have supported us in the past and want to thank you for your support during our growing pain years. We want you all to be excited about this years tournament how we will build into in the future!

Megatron link below

http://www.megatronevents.com/

Track registration link below

http://www.trackwrestling.com/tw/registration/BasicPreReg1.jsp?tournamentGroupId=191981009&TIM=1442437112523&twSessionId=qxgnvthzqdxujfp
Modify message

TUMBLEWEED

Are there any options for kids who will only wrestle individuals? Your Friday night / Saturday morning ONLY weigh ins, in my opinion, is not very discerning for people who are coming from outside of the Phoenix area, only wanting (or able) to wrestle individuals.

makes no sense to have to go down town Phoenix Friday night or Saturday if only wrestling on Sunday.

Have you considered Sat. Evening weigh in? Or maybe satellite weigh ins?

Think this may be beneficial to your #'s.
I also think duals would be better on Sunday, open on sat.

Just my opinion.. Any one out there agree?

Wrestlers

We have never been impressed with the Megatron tournament. We have found it to be poorly run and full of empty promises.

MEGATRON

I would consider a saturday night weigh- in if there was enough interest. Meaning if 30-40 new kids want to register for Sunday, i would hold a weigh in Saturday night.

To: "Wresters"

I am not sure about empty promises, but as far as how the tournament is ran, we are not happy with the way it has been either and have made a lot of changes. We have seen a great difference lately in execution and will stay with how we have recently ran tournaments. The past 3 years in AZ we have brought in 3 different Computer companies to run the event, and the result was not up to our standard, nor yours I'm sure. Arizona is the only state we have had this issue for some reason. If you have come to Orlando it has been the exact opposite. The first two years the Osceola kowboys have helped run the event with great results. This year in Orlando they were not able to help with conflicts with the Fargo Qualifier on the same day. I ran it myself with this new system i developed and I ran it more efficiently without anyone. I am basically running a Track tournament without all the issues that a convention center- internet/user error can create. All this with NO bout room, runners, paper trail. So let me be clear that I have made sure we will have a well run event this year. As far as the same day weigh-ins is concerned. Same day weigh- ins has been a nightmare for me in AZ. Eliminate the day of weigh in and we do not have any major problem. That is the main goal, to eliminate the problems and that seems to be your issue with the tournament.. I eliminated the computer staff, eliminated the same day weigh-ins and that has been my major issues the first 3 years really. Freak show and every major tournament for that matter does not have same day weigh in.. I would like to see this tournament get to that level.. I will have over 1000 competitors in Atlantic City this year in my second year. And i have already been told that some of those teams are looking to coming out to AZ next year to compete. Those teams would not be saying this and willing to fork out tons of cash to fly across the country if the tournament was not ran well. I hope you attend and continue to support a tournament in AZ that is trying to create a great event here for the local wrestling community.

MEGATRON

We're about a week away and excited about coming back to Arizona. For those that want to save a couple bucks, the $30 early bird registration ends Sunday at Midnight, it will be $40 after that.

If i get enough responses I will hold an additional weigh in Saturday night. I would also be open to the thought of friday night satelite weigh in, however it would have to be with someone i know and trust and it would only be in couple areas. We would need a group in order for this to happen...If your interested in either Email me at megatronevents@gmail.com with the subject Saturday Night weigh in.

http://www.trackwrestling.com/tw/registration/BasicPreReg1.jsp?tournamentGroupId=191981009&TIM=1442437112523&twSessionId=qxgnvthzqdxujfp

MEGATRON

Team List for Megatron Phoenix so far with about 10 teams still to register this week. The following teams are sending representatives from their club.

Amphi wrestling club
Arizona Champions
Arizona Grapplers
Arizona Heat
AZ Elite
Barstow Riffians
Bear Wrestling Club
California Slammers
Campo Verde
Db elite
Falcons
Grindhouse Wrestling Club
Horizon
Independent
Iron Patriots
Kingman
laveen wrestling
Mountain Lion
Mustang
Payson
peoria
Predator
Sandra Day O`Connor
Sunkist
Thorobred Wrestling Club
Tucson Cyclones

MEGATRON

$40 registration is open til Wednesday, then thursday is $50, friday is $70, get your registration in before its too late!

MEGATRON

Updated Team List

Amphi wrestling club
Arizona Champions
Arizona Grapplers
Arizona Heat
AZ Black
AZ Elite
AZ Gold
Barstow Riffians
Bear Wrestling Club
Birmingham High (CA)
California Slammers
Campo Verde
Cougars
Db elite
Falcons
Grindhouse Wrestling Club
Horizon
Independent
Iron Patriots
Kingman
laveen wrestling
Mountain Lion
Mustang
Payson
peoria
Predator
Sandra Day O`Connor
Sunkist
Thorobred Wrestling Club
Tucson Cyclones

MEGATRON

$40 pre-reg ends tonight at midnight, $50 for thursday

We will have a satelite weigh-in in Tuscon area Friday night

Amphitheater H/S wrestling locker room, Ed Romic will be hosting the weigh in
125 Yavapai Rd

5-6 pm but i would get there early to be safe
email Ed with questions eromic@gmail.com

I will also have a saturday night weigh in from 6-6:30pm in Convention Center Lobby, I would also get there around 5-5:15 to be safe with parking and finding it.

If i find another group that wants to do a satelite weigh in, i will consider it, but it has to be a group, not an individual

MEGATRON

I would like to thank everyone who came out to support Megatron in our 4th year in AZ. From the parents to competitors and coaches that know how things do not go to plan at times, I appreciate all who have stuck by us and waited out the storm. In my opinion, and the opinion of all that i spoke to, this year was well done. We started on time, roughly ended on time and did not have any dead mats either day. We moved through the brackets without any setbacks and had only one minor injury on the second day. Officials did an outstanding job and we saw some good matches.

Next year I will go out and bring in a lot of out of state competition. We should have teams here from NJ, FL, PA, NY, UT, CO, NM, TX, and CA for starters. I have an entire year now to work on this event and am excited for our future across the country. In Atlantic City about a month ago i spoke to a couple teams that wanted to come out next year, and after this years success, I will encourage more from the east coast and around the country.

I will be posting for next year as soon as a couple weeks from now. I am looking for help from about 10 programs for next year. Those programs will be compensated in many ways for their help. First 10 to jump in get the sponsorship. I want groups that want to help the event grow as well as improve on this year and make it better for next year. I already have ideas for next years event and want this to be the premier event here in AZ.

Special thanks to Aaron Hancock, LC Cain, Ed Romic, Mr. Waynan, Lee Hovis, Coach Rubio. Also to Buddy Ortiz for your constant support.

Duel Results:

Varsity

1St Lc All stars
2nd Cal Slammers Gold
3RD AZ Gold

Wrestlers who received the Dominance Award Singlet.

Ryder Shulte
Wyatt Fry
James Armstrong
Hilario Moreno
Jimmy Waynan
Jonovan Smith
There were many worthy candidates, but only a few can receive the award.

I will post the individual placers over the weekend.

Thanks again to all who came this year and in the past, as we move forward with Megatron Phoenix!