Out of State Tournament Results

nocalwrestler

Congratulations to all the AZ teams that travelled and competed in out of state tournaments over the weekend.

Las Vegas Holiday Classic, NV: Liberty HS 1st, Red Mountain HS 3rd, Basha HS 8th, Queen Creek HS 13th, Florence HS 20th. Results on Trackwrestling.

Beast of the East, DE: Seton Catholic HS 15th. Results on Trackwrestling. Videos on Flowrestling.

Reno TOC, NV: Mesa Mountain View HS 11th, Ironwood Ridge HS 14th, Cibola HS 30th. Results & videos on Floarena.

TUMBLEWEED

Wrestlers,
All tournament schedules and information is posted on line. Easy to obtain..
Maybe you should a little investigation before asking ?'s

"Just out of curiousity"
Are you a tattle-tell?
Or are you trying to get some one in trouble?

All of the teams that went out of town are lead by great dedicated coaches trying to help their athletes get some good matches and recognition.
I highly doubt they would jeopardize a season over this rule..

It's hard to developed a successful program while being governed by a group of people who generally do not have any understanding or respect much less even care for the sport..

Throw a few side line observers who are quick to point a finger into the equation and the sport on a state level will surely take a step backwards.

nocalwrestler

The provision you quoted was pulled out of context. It comes from Article 14.2 a provision covering PRACTICES. Appears you are just a trouble maker. And why even go there? There is absolutely no reason or benefit to anyone or to our sport for posting such a statement except for pure spite. Is it possible that your own team's schedule is that bad? If so reach out to us and we may be able to help. Happy Holidays to all.

chingon76

Staff member
Calling an adult a "tattle tell" is silly.
In fact, attacking a person instead of discussing the issue at hand is one of the less effective methods of argumentation.

These teams competed publicly and I'm sure the coaches knew the implications. While I'm not sure this is something the AIA would take seriously or pursue, it is pretty common for our sport to be one that few "rules" are actually upheld (at least AIA wise). Some recognizable transfers and non-enforced address changes are just two issues I've seen.

I heard about the team competing on a Sunday while watching another tourney. People know about it. Could they receive a different rule due to being a parochial school? I'm not sure.

SPRAWL

Wrestlers said:
Wow- maybe I struck a nerve?

Dear Tumbleweed,

The AIA has a set of articles that are supposed to be followed by all sports teams. Article 14.2.1 states that, "No practice, contest...are permitted on Sunday during the school year."

Why would we even have these AIA rules if no one has to follow them?

The AIA Constitution and Bylaws shall govern contests
in sports and activities sanctioned by the AIA.

AIA rules do not govern non school, non AIA sanctioned events