Outside Practice

Discussion in 'Wrestling Talk - HS' started by Jose.Martinez, Dec 2, 2019 at 9:08 PM.

1. Jose.Martinez

Jose.Martinez New Member

Are high school wrestlers in Arizona allowed to practice (not compete) with clubs or do clinics during the high school season?

2. JB Doubles

JB Doubles Active Member

Yes... As long as its a Club NOT another High School

Jose.Martinez likes this.
  3. FamousLie

FamousLie Well-Known Member

Does Valiant Prep count as a high school?

4. JB Doubles

JB Doubles Active Member

Yes, Valiant Prep count as a high school. They compete at Prep Nationals with power houses like Blair Academy, Wyoming Seminary, Etc...

jfingd likes this.
  5. jfingd

jfingd Well-Known Member

If you're practicing there, you gotta make sure you're at a "Thorobred" practice.

Lol .

JB Doubles likes this.
  6. JB Doubles

JB Doubles Active Member

Just take a pic on the Thorobred side of the wall ;) AKA the DAD side

jfingd likes this.
  7. FamousLie

FamousLie Well-Known Member

I wondered because the AIA executive board voted against allowing them to join as an associate member so now they're in the Canyon Athletic Association. As much as I like to bag on the AIA I think that's a good thing. They would beat any CAA team easily, probably even with their 3rd string or junior high guys. The AIA sees them for what they are which is basically dedicated to one sport and the school exists only for that reason. It would be like if somebody had a charter school somewhere that didn't have any other sport besides football and they started attracting 30+ D1 recruit type kids and were coached by a bunch of ex NFL and college stars....kinda like what Deion Sanders did in Texas. The AIA would cut them off in a hurry and make sure they were stuck with the CAA or something else. If Valiant had at least pretended like they cared about anything besides wrestling they might have stood a chance at getting an associate membership with the AIA. The only reason they wanted it was so they could schedule duals against some Arizona schools, and all but a few might actually be competitive with them. I wonder what they'll do going forward. I noticed they're offering some other sports now, like ultimate frisbee and cross country.