Peoria Results???

East Valley

I would like to talk about transfers. (It's Tumbleweeds fault he got me going haha) People have a huge misunderstanding of what a transfer is & how the process works. (Oh & that if done right it is within the rules btw)

1- If transferring is within the rules then it’s ok to do. It doesn’t matter if you like it or not. I have strong feelings about the rules but they are the current rules.

2- A transfer is a kid that is already with one HS & transfers to another. Not someone who starts there as a freshman. If they are in the boundaries or have a boundary exception doesn’t matter. (Within the rules)

So to use Mesa Mtn View as an example. (Because everyone loves to bring them up) For the 2013-14 season Mesa Mtn View (Toros) had 2 transfers (Not 5 or 6) from out of state. (The Taylor twins) They moved to Mesa. They made a huge impact on the team both making the finals. The Toros also had 3 other finalists (2 champs) & 4 other placers. (With Booth, Hollen & Williams scoring but not placing) So they had 7 other placers & 11 others that scored points. That is a good supporting cast. They won the D1 state title.

2014-15 The Wokasch family moved a mile away from Mesa Mtn View. Transferred & did all the correct paperwork. Now the Toros officially had 3 transfers. (Not 7 or 8) Yes the transfers made a big impact. They won the D1 State title again. They had 7 other non-transfers place & 10 other kids that scored points. The transfers can make a difference but not without a good supporting cast.

I believe the families came because Mesa Mtn View was going to national tournaments & they wanted to be seen. They were ranked 24th in the Nation & those 3 transfers all got college scholarships. 7 other Toros from that period also got college scholarships.

When Seton got Larkin. I imagine the kids went there because they would be seen nationally & coached at a high level. The parents put their kids in the best position to be successful. I know people have moved into SS area for the same reasons. When Larkin left the parents did the same thing. They took their kids to the best option for them. (Within the rules) We all would!

This year Corona had 4 returning placers & 7 returning State qualifiers before the kids transferred there. (Within the rules) They also have a coach that is an Olympic medalist. If Corona wins it this year it’s because they “Gelled” together & did it as a team. If SS wins it then it will be for the same reason. It’s who comes through (As a team) in the clutch.

All the D1 teams that have won it the last little while (SS, Chandler, Mesa Mtn View, IR) may have had transfers but they did it as a team.

bayoubadger

I would like to talk about transfers. (It's Tumbleweeds fault he got me going haha) People have a huge misunderstanding of what a transfer is & how the process works. (Oh & that if done right it is within the rules btw)

1- If transferring is within the rules then it’s ok to do. It doesn’t matter if you like it or not. I have strong feelings about the rules but they are the current rules.

2- A transfer is a kid that is already with one HS & transfers to another. Not someone who starts there as a freshman. If they are in the boundaries or have a boundary exception doesn’t matter. (Within the rules)

So to use Mesa Mtn View as an example. (Because everyone loves to bring them up) For the 2013-14 season Mesa Mtn View (Toros) had 2 transfers (Not 5 or 6) from out of state. (The Taylor twins) They moved to Mesa. They made a huge impact on the team both making the finals. The Toros also had 3 other finalists (2 champs) & 4 other placers. (With Booth, Hollen & Williams scoring but not placing) So they had 7 other placers & 11 others that scored points. That is a good supporting cast. They won the D1 state title.

2014-15 The Wokasch family moved a mile away from Mesa Mtn View. Transferred & did all the correct paperwork. Now the Toros officially had 3 transfers. (Not 7 or 8) Yes the transfers made a big impact. They won the D1 State title again. They had 7 other non-transfers place & 10 other kids that scored points. The transfers can make a difference but not without a good supporting cast.

I believe the families came because Mesa Mtn View was going to national tournaments & they wanted to be seen. They were ranked 24th in the Nation & those 3 transfers all got college scholarships. 7 other Toros from that period also got college scholarships.

When Seton got Larkin. I imagine the kids went there because they would be seen nationally & coached at a high level. The parents put their kids in the best position to be successful. I know people have moved into SS area for the same reasons. When Larkin left the parents did the same thing. They took their kids to the best option for them. (Within the rules) We all would!

This year Corona had 4 returning placers & 7 returning State qualifiers before the kids transferred there. (Within the rules) They also have a coach that is an Olympic medalist. If Corona wins it this year it’s because they “Gelled” together & did it as a team. If SS wins it then it will be for the same reason. It’s who comes through (As a team) in the clutch.

All the D1 teams that have won it the last little while (SS, Chandler, Mesa Mtn View, IR) may have had transfers but they did it as a team.

Well said.