Peoria Tournament Of Champions.

Coach Pat

I'd like to see the seeds for all weight classes if possible but I know that might take some time. Thank you.

wjd

After 2 rounds Sunnyside in 1st with 87.5. Corona Del Sol in 2nd with 60. Marana Mountain View in 3rd with 58.5 and Liberty in 4th with 56.5.
I didn't see Marana Mt. View on the list of participating teams. Is that supposed to be Mesa Mt. View in 3rd?

HHSHusky

Last year someone posted all of the brackets after day 1 and again after the finals were finished. That guy was a saint...

Connorsdad

Is there anybody there at that tournament that cares about anybody getting the results other than at the tournament site itself? It's a well-run tournament but that tournament could be run like that back in the forties

East Valley

I’ll post the 138. It’s all I have. I was not too impressed on how the tournament ran. They charged us, wrestled from 9:15am to 11:25am. (2 rounds). Then kicked us all out & said it wouldn’t start again until 4pm. So we all waited outside for 4 hours. Charged us again for the next 2 rounds then told us to go until tomorrow for the 3rd round. They had some good matches but no continuity & a ton of waiting! I was incredibly shocked by this! Maybe something was off I don’t know? (My first time) I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt but wow. :(

Attachments

• A141A26B-FC25-4FE7-B6D1-0A10247EF9F7.jpeg
    A141A26B-FC25-4FE7-B6D1-0A10247EF9F7.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 100
Last edited:

AZ_wrestlinFan#1

120 semi’s Eddie Flores (Northview) vs Tariq Hornbuckle (Desert Vista). Jacob Frias (Marana Mountain View) vs Manuel Garcia) Sunnyside.
126 Marcus Castillo (Marana Mountain View) vs Alex Rodriguez (Basha)
Nathaniel Rodriguez (Cinnabon Memorial) vs Vicente Loaiza.
132 RBY (Sunnyside) vs Remigio Cordaro (Peoria).
138 Gabriel Cortez (Northview) vs Gabriel Castsñeda (Cibola)
Aaron Rodriguez (Sunnyside) vs Bryce Nickel (Corona Del Sol)
145 Angelo Pool (Tucson High School) vs Karen Stonemaker (Liberty)
Kody Ball (Desert Edge) vs Justice Smith (Desert Vista)

TUMBLEWEED

I’ll post the 138. It’s all I have. I was not too impressed on how the tournament ran. They charged us, wrestled from 9:15am to 11:25am. (2 rounds). Then kicked us all out & said it wouldn’t start again until 4pm. So we all waited outside for 4 hours. Charged us again for the next 2 rounds then told us to go until tomorrow for the 3rd round. They had some good matches but no continuity & a ton of waiting! I was incredibly shocked by this! Maybe something was off I don’t know? (My fist time) I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt but wow. :(
Look a little closer at the flier you attached.. why are you paying for admission into each round when you could have purchase a entire day pass?
Also sounds like a personal choice to sit outside the venue for 4 hours.

However I do agree they drag these out way to long. They should have skipped their break and ran another round or two of consultation.

Was a bit disappointed that teams on partisapant list didn’t show..
No Servite CA, Alamosa CO, or queen qreek AZ..
What’s up with that??

East Valley

Look a little closer at the flier you attached.. why are you paying for admission into each round when you could have purchase a entire day pass?
Also sounds like a personal choice to sit outside the venue for 4 hours.

However I do agree they drag these out way to long. They should have skipped their break and ran another round or two of consultation.

Was a bit disappointed that teams on partisapant list didn’t show..
No Servite CA, Alamosa CO, or queen qreek AZ..
What’s up with that??
I agree it said that on the flier. (Yes the pass makes more sense). One couple said just for them both almost $50 for the two days. They couldn’t bring their kids. It’s just a little pricey. In fairness it’s my first time. I could have left & done things I was with our team. We hadn’t planned to have so much time. It said 9-3pm on the flier. That threw me. Today may be better. The people running it were very nice though.

Last edited: