Realiagnment for 2018-19

Coach Pat

According to AIA online here is how the break down will go
All 6A schools will be Division I for wrestling
All 5A schools will be Division II
All 4A and the top 15 3A schools will be Division III
The rest of 3A, 2A, and 1A will be Division IV

Have seen anything yet for sections, but Liberty and Queen Creek moving up to Div I is big as is Casteel moving up to and Sunnyside moving down to Div II

Allazallstars

Anyone know when they will be creating the sections for the divisions?

Also anyone know if division 1 will be returning to geographic sections like the other divisions or doing whatever method they did last time?

Coach Pat

I believe the wrestling sections are supposed to be out October 24th. That is the day that all appeals are determined. I know what I did was kind of go through the football sections- theres 7 per conference - and group them into the four that are closest and make most sense. Of course, the AIA doesnt always do things that make sense. I know that in Tucson, there are two sections for 5A and 4A and they will obviously be grouped into one section for Div II and one section for Div III.

Just as a side note, I have also heard that there will be a limit to appeals. Again, we will see if that actually holds true

WolfPack

I just read that same article and was coming here to ask the same question. So Sunnyside will be moving down to D II next year.

Schools being moved up to D I next year Shadow Ridge, Mountain Ridge, Liberty, Carl Hayden, Chaparral, Camelback and Queen Creek.

School being moved from DI to D II Sunnyside, Central, Horizon, Rincon, Desert Mountain, Gilbert and Millennium.

Last edited:

Coach Pat

Wolfpack, that is what I saw as well. And I think they are releasing wrestling sections tomorrow.