State 2019 Biggest Upsets ?

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
What do you think were the biggest upsets ? I have 2 on my mind, I just want to see what everyone thinks.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Sheldon Cole from Boulder Creek was another one I did not see losing. But they way he lost was just a simple mistake. When you have that short of time left you don't tie up you circle and avoid.

Da dude

Ybarra losing was a big upset for sure. Did not see that coming.
Good source from the Sunnyside family told me Ybarra wasn’t 100%. Kid hasn’t been 100% for awhile. Dealing with injuries/infections past couple weeks. Had fever/flu both days at state. You can tell he wasn’t feeling good by the way he wrestled his final match. He beat that kid earlier in season. Sometimes you never know what kids are dealing with

Coach Pat

Both wrestlers had a great tournament. Ybarra is a phenomenal wrestler, an intense competitor, and has a super bright future ahead of him. He did beat Tellez earlier in the year 5-2. I was super proud of Tellez, his preparation, and how he wrestled. Let's not diminish one wrestler's accomplishments.

Coach Pat

This isn't really really an upset but I was super impressed with Robles from SS. Known him for a while and watched him wrestle. His improvement is just awesome! And to come back from what I know was a disappointing finish at sectionals to being a state champ is an amazing accomplishment.

Last edited:

Coach P

Yeah, Rico Robles from SS (state champ) has to be the biggest upset, that SS room will make good wrestlers state contenders....although Trejo beating Berry from WG is also up there. Tellez had one awesome year, beating Guerrero from WG twice and avenging his only in state loss to Ybarra (although I did hear he was really sick from Flu as well)...anyone know where Tellez is going for college?