Ultimates 2015 in Vegas - Looking to fill weights

raspy

Hi All - I am one of the volunteer coaches at Mountain Pointe in Phoenix, and I helped coach one of the 18u All-Star teams last year at the Ultimates in Vegas. I'm hoping get ahead of the game a little bit this year, and have a full roster. Last year we had kids from as far away as NJ. This year we already have a kid from Oklahoma. Most kids are from the Phoenix area so far, though.The tournament runs July 8-11th. Two days of duals, a single elimination folk tournament, and a double elimination freestyle tournament. My goal for the kids is to have fun, do their best, and cheer on their teammates. For me it's all about getting them some mat time and meeting some new people. The only real requirement that I ask of anyone who wants to be a part of the team, is to show sportsmanship first and foremost. Otherwise, I hope to field a full 18u team this year, so I'm looking to fill lots of spots. Still need 106, 120, 152, 160, 170, 182, 195, and 285. I'm not concerned about your wrestling background or where you're from, just looking forward to some great competition! If that's you, let me know, and let's have some fun in Vegas! Please reply if you have any questions, and help spread the word. Thanks!

raspy

Also - If anyone else is going to Vegas for the Ultimates, I am looking for teams for an 18u, 126 pounder and a 15u, 190 pounder.

joeswift

Jake swift is hoping to fill a spot for the duals at 160 or 170 if anyone has an opening . Thanks! 6024103810 joe swift

raspy

Hi Joe - My team already has 160 and 170 filled, but I will definitely keep an eye out for you. I'll let you know if I see anyone looking for those weights. Another option for you is to post on the Ultimate Alliance site directly. They have an athlete/team finder page. Here's the link: http://www.ultimatealliance.org/athletefinder Good luck and see you in Vegas!

raspy

Getting close to having a full 18U team for the Ultimates in Vegas. Still need a 182 and a HVY. Please message me if you know of anyone who might be interested. If you've already registered as an individual, that's still okay. It's very easy to place you on our team. Thanks for everyone's help!!

raspy

Sure! I'd be happy to share the roster! The boys picked Gambling Grapplers for their team name:

106- Derek Lopez - Verrado, Arizona
113 - Joey Severin - Mountain Pointe, Arizona
120 - Isai Barajas - Arizona Lutheran Academy, Arizona
126- Eddie Youngdell - Skyline, Arizona
132 - Michael Waites - Mountain Pointe, Arizona
138 - Jacob Rasmussen - Mountain Pointe, Arizona
145 - Jordan Grantham - Hobart, Oklahoma
152 - Dom Herrick - Warren Central, Indiana
160 - Gabriel Gamez - Walden Grove, Arizona
170 - Ricky Telles - Sahuarita, Arizona
182 - Curtis Stevenson - Thunderbird, Arizona
195 - Erik Hobbs - Peru, Indiana