Valient vs Real AZ Allstars

Toughontop

Furthermore... If you DO YOUR RESEARCH you can see on his social media that he does in fact have TWO CHILDREN of his own with the eldest being about the age of 7-8 years old! But GOOD TRY! BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME!
O great. Another social media enthusiast. I think the AIA, and the Universities, etc that have interest in Echemendia go by birth certificate, passport, etc. Real and official documents. Social media has many purposes but neither FB, Twittter, Instagram are official footprints of a person. This is why I say get your facts straight. The three wrestlers you mention in your response all were great. Not to the level of this kid though. Again this comes from Olympic Champs, Yandro Quintana, Mijain Lopez, etc, etc. High level coaches such as Manuel Rubio, Zeke Jones, Jose Rodriguez Garzon, Valentin Kalika, etc have seen, been around world level and can all attest to what My post says. So don’t take it as a competition of better luck next time. Don’t give me social media stuff. Produce hard evidence to justify your comments. Here are a couple to back his and also posted online. He tied Thomas Gilman 8-8 at Cerro Pelado when he was 16 and Gilman won Silver at Senior Worlds. He teched Nashon Garrett(NCAA Champion)handily beat Jake Shields (NCAA All American)in Cuba when ASU visited Cuba a few years ago. He was still UWW Cadet by the way wrestling grown men. Now at age 18 enters HS, wrestles first and only HS folk style season turns 19. All you comadres start rumors, start doubting, etc. Tell me which ones that you mention are at that level and have that level or recognition from such coaches and champions. Please.

blackbaby

O great. Another social media enthusiast. I think the AIA, and the Universities, etc that have interest in Echemendia go by birth certificate, passport, etc. Real and official documents. Social media has many purposes but neither FB, Twittter, Instagram are official footprints of a person. This is why I say get your facts straight. The three wrestlers you mention in your response all were great. Not to the level of this kid though. Again this comes from Olympic Champs, Yandro Quintana, Mijain Lopez, etc, etc. High level coaches such as Manuel Rubio, Zeke Jones, Jose Rodriguez Garzon, Valentin Kalika, etc have seen, been around world level and can all attest to what My post says. So don’t take it as a competition of better luck next time. Don’t give me social media stuff. Produce hard evidence to justify your comments. Here are a couple to back his and also posted online. He tied Thomas Gilman 8-8 at Cerro Pelado when he was 16 and Gilman won Silver at Senior Worlds. He teched Nashon Garrett(NCAA Champion)handily beat Jake Shields (NCAA All American)in Cuba when ASU visited Cuba a few years ago. He was still UWW Cadet by the way wrestling grown men. Now at age 18 enters HS, wrestles first and only HS folk style season turns 19. All you comadres start rumors, start doubting, etc. Tell me which ones that you mention are at that level and have that level or recognition from such coaches and champions. Please.
wow all that is very good he has alot of training with great wrestlers, that means fernandez and andrews achieved alot just staying on the matt with him 4-3 and 4-2 and they mostly train with regular team mates Arizona wrestling is on the rise.

wow all that is very good he has alot of training with great wrestlers, that means fernandez and andrews achieved alot just staying on the matt with him 4-3 and 4-2 and they mostly train with regular team mates Arizona wrestling is on the rise.
I'll have to agree, with all that training and praise from great coaches says alot alot Fernandez and Andrew's. Pretty much training with local high school coaches and wrestlers and hung with him. Both of them could of as easily won those matches. Kindy of scary if those 2 wrestlers get that kind of training and experience of what they can become.

If Echemendia beat Gilman, Garrett and Shields he’d have every D1 school would be knocking on his door.

Where has he taken his official visits?

BDBlue

I wonder who he will wrestle for at Nationals? AZ or Cuba? I also wonder how many more individuals will be adopted by Coach V in the incoming years, is this the beginning of a pipeline? Just wondering how ling the AIA will allow for this type of recruiting? Regardless the "boy" is talented and can do some things.

Back to the original subject of the thread, I think we are far off from the days that Valient runs the state and we have a Dapper Dan type of situation. But its definitely fun to speculate and try. Maybe Coach Larkin should try and put this together? Of course it would have to be after the season, but it would be kind of nice to put together and possibly gain some national attention. I'm curious what the Valient schedule is going to look like.

FamousLie

If you look at other elite level foreigners who came here and tried folkstyle, sometimes they don't have the results you would expect. Sometimes they do. Jesus Wilson who defected from Cuba didn't exactly set records wrestling D2 or D3 in college. But he was a world medalist who I think had wins over one of the Brands brothers and may have been a world champion. Folkstyle is a very different sport than freestyle.

If Echemendia beat Gilman, Garrett and Shields he’d have every D1 school would be knocking on his door.

Where has he taken his official visits?
He can not go.to.a University, he has to take his SATs and or ACTs 1st. They are only given in English (by law). He can not speak english very well, ok, but not well, but the issue is he can not read English their fore he can not take them. Resulting in he can only go to a Junior College for 2 years. Then move to University!

notmyown

I wonder who he will wrestle for at Nationals? AZ or Cuba? I also wonder how many more individuals will be adopted by Coach V in the incoming years, is this the beginning of a pipeline? Just wondering how ling the AIA will allow for this type of recruiting? Regardless the "boy" is talented and can do some things.

Back to the original subject of the thread, I think we are far off from the days that Valient runs the state and we have a Dapper Dan type of situation. But its definitely fun to speculate and try. Maybe Coach Larkin should try and put this together? Of course it would have to be after the season, but it would be kind of nice to put together and possibly gain some national attention. I'm curious what the Valient schedule is going to look like.

Can’t believe that AIA is not perusing the FACT that Enchemendia was recruited straight from the Olympic training center. Coach V recruited him while up there with his son. They promised and then gave him a place to stay with them , so he would come wrestle at SS. That’s prior contact and that’s a violation. Arizona high school wrestling is corrupt and is self imploding. The soft transfer policies and procedures are ruining the sport.

az_wrestler

This happens Nation wide in ALL Sports...SS is a school that you love or Hate...recruitment, holding kids back and new members posting here, wont change. This is not a new thing we are just catching up to what everyone else in the country is doing. Parents make the decision where they want their kid to go to. Is a coach gonna deny a talented athlete from enrolling at their school?..no Is Another parent talking to a parent recruitment?..no. The accusation made of what was said or promised outside of the state is hear-say..did you record the conversation? No...lol there is a list of schools in AZ who did the same.
Look at rosters, January shows every year the transfers. Hardship by the AIA is a joke I agree but nothing you can do. Enchemendia is a talented athlete just sit back and enjoy, every where he goes he draws a crowd. hummm so did RBY, Courtney, Ryck Finch...ect. He is representing ARIZONA ...so how many new members did I upset or will post a reply?...lol
luv playing devils Advocate

chingon76

Staff member
This happens Nation wide in ALL Sports...SS is a school that you love or Hate...recruitment, holding kids back and new members posting here, wont change. This is not a new thing we are just catching up to what everyone else in the country is doing. Parents make the decision where they want their kid to go to. Is a coach gonna deny a talented athlete from enrolling at their school?..no Is Another parent talking to a parent recruitment?..no. The accusation made of what was said or promised outside of the state is hear-say..did you record the conversation? No...lol there is a list of schools in AZ who did the same.
Look at rosters, January shows every year the transfers. Hardship by the AIA is a joke I agree but nothing you can do. Enchemendia is a talented athlete just sit back and enjoy, every where he goes he draws a crowd. hummm so did RBY, Courtney, Ryck Finch...ect. He is representing ARIZONA ...so how many new members did I upset or will post a reply?...lol
luv playing devils Advocate
I have to say that is BS logic. Ethically, I don't want my wrestlers to cheat or break established rules. There will always be a coach that doesn't stick to the honor code. There will always be a coach that let's an ineligible athlete still compete. There will always be a coach that recruits when he's not supposed to. But that is contributing to the problem. We should be teaching athletes that there is more to wrestling than the Sport of wrestling. It's about doing your best. It's about doing the right thing when everyone else is not. A coach sets the standard for his / her wrestlers. The boys and girls look up to us. They should see someone that doesn't bend the rules for wins / losses or personal gain. The "everyone else is cheating / not following the rules" argument is weak.

Last edited:

az_wrestler

Ethically? lmfao....in a perfect world maybe..your statements confirms the weak argument..what rules did Enchemendia break? there are just people out there that Hate on a Dynasty Wrestling School. Would they be saying the same if Enchemendia went to their school?...have you herd the news Rich are paying to get their kids into Ivy League schools, Coaches lying about them participating in sports to gain entrance...Ethically? moraly?...Ha HA HA yeah don't cheat..or don't get caught.

bayoubadger

All this Enchemendia talk appears to be from people that have no idea what really happened. While it is not my place to discuss this young man's business, I can assure you, he was not recruited straight from the OTC.

Billy Bob

It seems that there's a bunch of uninformed individuals who just LOVE to hate and talk negative, or make things up about Sunnyside with any opportunity they get. Echemendia recruited directly from the OTC?! Echemendia is 23 years old?! Echemendia has 2 kids?! Even "CERTAIN" ex Sunnyside Alum/Wrestlers love to hate. WHAT A JOKE!! And regarding previous talks about RBY on this exact same thread by a "CERTAIN" Blue Devil Alum, please do us all a favor and name "ONE" of the ex Sunnyside Wrestlers that you mentioned previously and let us know just how many of them earned NCAA D1 All American Status as a "true freshman". Even on a state level, please let us know just how many wrestlers on an AZ state level that you mentioned were able to accomplish this with LESS than 1 calendar year out of high school. Possibly Larkin, but I believe he red-shirted as a freshman. Please enlighten us...

Oh, I forgot to mention that RBY's weight class was quite possibly the deepest and most difficult weight class in NCAA HISTORY!!!

Jim ima

Pretty sure Larkin was 4th as a true freshman and redshirted later in his career. Eric was also a Hodge Trophy winner. Didn't Enchemendia just lose at Rocky Mountain Nationals? I doubt that he went to criteria with Gilman or teched Nashon years ago but cant beat a Utah high school kid. Weather he wrestles only freestyle or not, takedowns are takedowns.

bayoubadger

Pretty sure Larkin was 4th as a true freshman and redshirted later in his career. Eric was also a Hodge Trophy winner. Didn't Enchemendia just lose at Rocky Mountain Nationals? I doubt that he went to criteria with Gilman or teched Nashon years ago but cant beat a Utah high school kid. Weather he wrestles only freestyle or not, takedowns are takedowns.
Wasn't Cael Sanderson a Utah High School Kid once?