When are Tournament Directors...

Connorsdad

When are tournament directors in Arizona, the vast majority of them, going to join the 21st century and start using TrackWrestling? Nothing says my tournament is low class and poorly run more than paper brackets taped to the wall and no results posted anywhere. With TrackWrestling you need one less person for each table, people have instant access, your wrestlers received national rankings and recognition, the tournament is easier to run from the director standpoint, there's less mistakes on the table when using the program, it assigns mats and it works both with and without an internet connection. Pay the few hundred and your tournament will grow. And no I do not work for TrackWrestling or have any monetary interest in it whatsoever. I'm simply a parent who recognizes the value of Technology and the benefits you can give our Sport and any tournament which use it and I'm tired of waiting on my wrestlers 2 take a picture of the bracket with their cell phone and text it to me. I mean really? That's the best the tournament can do! Most of these tournaments in Arizona that don't use TrackWrestling don't even post the results after the tournament. Doesn't anybody want to let the parents know and fans know how the kids did?

acestallion

Peoria is considered one of the most well-run tournaments in the state. So the correlation between being low-class and poorly run off; just for not using track is just absurd. Now that being said, I do agree that it is the 21st century and having some kind of Internet presence would be helpful.

Tac

Peoria is considered one of the most well-run tournaments in the state. So the correlation between being low-class and poorly run off; just for not using track is just absurd. Now that being said, I do agree that it is the 21st century and having some kind of Internet presence would be helpful.
If Peoria is going to have out of state teams they should use track wrestling or don't invite out of state teams!

Connorsdad

Let me clarify my point. I wasn't even down there when I was referring to the tournament not using track wrestling and was not referring to the running of the tournament itself. However I drove down Friday night because my son had made the semi-finals. I can honestly say, minus the internet presence, it was the best run tournament I have ever been around. Hands down. But as the poster said in an earlier reply, if you're going to invite out-of-state tesms it's almost a necessity. Hell I think you should do it if it's just teams from your own town but certainly for out-of-state teams. But, let me be the first to say, what a great job they did running the tournament and we will be back next year.

Hillis

Trackwrestling does not support all formats for different types of touraments. I do like it, but we can't run our tournament in Window Rock on it now.