Who's the Next Mountain View Coach?

devilfan

I just heard Callison resigned today. I'd heard a rumor a few days ago that he's taking the position at Casteel High School in Chandler.

East Valley

Good question. We are still dealing with the news. Coach Callison will be successful out at Casteel no question! As far as Mtn View? The team is loaded with talent so it will be interesting to see who comes in.

chingon76

Staff member
Good for him! I'm bummed to see him go. Callison is A very successful coach and a true gentleman on and off the mat. I know Mesa Mt View will just reload and keep going :)

devilfan

Aside from his obvious contributions and accomplishments, as a fan I appreciated the way he communicated what was happening in the program. With his online blog and posts to the Mt. View wrestling Facebook page, he kept everyone informed as to results, event times, changes etc. With all of the technology available today, it's ridiculous that information about wrestling is almost impossible to find.

Aside from the posts on this forum, Coach Callison certainly did more than most to keep us informed. Other coaches could learn from that. There's nothing worse than showing up for a match scheduled at 7:00 only to find that it's half over because the JV ran ahead of schedule varsity started early. Toro fans never had to worry about that because Callison provided constant updates. Let's hope his successor continues this tradition and others join in.

TUMBLEWEED

I saw old IR coach (Paul V) coaching a group of kids, at local tourney, from Pueblo, he was wearing a Warriors wrestling T shirt.
I HEARD that his dad (Tim B) is going to be an assistant for him at Pueblo next year.

It will be interesting to see how the coaches do building up their new programs.
Will they find / develope the same community support group?
that is the fundamental foundation for a successful program.