Sunnyside vs. Ironwood Ridge

JB Doubles

Job Lee should be in the rankings somewhere at 112.

IMO given that he wasn't in the SS line last year I feel its to early to list him - I feel after some tournament competition against previous state medalist will then warrant a ranking.

jfingd

Staff member
IMO given that he wasn't in the SS line last year I feel its to early to list him - I feel after some tournament competition against previous state medalist will then warrant a ranking.

He was in middle School last year. every tournament I am at he is there competing and winning. Given that he is in Sunnyside room, and in the varsity lineup as a freshman, I would bet money he makes the podium in February. **Edit: if he still makes the lineup with Sunnyside by time state rolls around.

https://www.trackwrestling.com/memb...90331437&twSessionId=fdggiptazp&twId=25150094

Last edited:

JB Doubles

He was in middle School last year. every tournament I am at he is there competing and winning. Given that he is in Sunnyside room, and in the varsity lineup as a freshman, I would bet money he makes the podium in February. **Edit: if he still makes the lineup with Sunnyside by time state rolls around.

https://www.trackwrestling.com/memb...90331437&twSessionId=fdggiptazp&twId=25150094

I know who he is and not taking nothing from him but just because he's in the SS room doesn't warrant an automatic ranking - not saying that he wouldn't eventually deserve a ranking after being tested against some previous high school (Not Middle School) State medalist at some upcoming tournaments, IMO its a premature - but hey after this weekend he'll validated he ranking :)

Quick question...this freshman, Job Lee, first high school match of the season, takes a forfeit and he should be ranked?
I'm just trying to figure out the rational here. Please help me.

jfingd

Staff member
Quick question...this freshman, Job Lee, first high school match of the season, takes a forfeit and he should be ranked?
I'm just trying to figure out the rational here. Please help me.

There were only three kids listed in the rankings at 112.

Part of the conversation is incoming freshman.

It's not complicated. I don't have a Sunnyside bias.

Trying to help fill out the top six.

Coach P

I had him listed at first...those who know him, know he is the real deal....big question is making SS lineup...V Lopez is certified at 113 and is ranked second at 113 or 120...J Brown is certified at 120 and is ranked first at 120 or 126...SS has JV guys everywhere that can make the podium in Feb. Lee is listed now, but I see Lopez dropping (if he can beat him) unless it is better for SS to bump everyone up. Nice problem to have for coach Leon.