FINAL P4P ALL DIVISION RANKINGS BY WEIGHT CLASS BY RANKWRESTLER

swingsingle

I thought this was just based on what happen in the state of AZ? All that aside you're telling me a kid that went 55-0, never went past the 2nd round, pinned everyone he wrestled and never was scored on, should be 3rd?

Did he beat any of the guys ranked above him?

CVCougar

These rankings don't mean a whole lot. I had a kid who was 15-0 by collecting forfeits and was ranked in the top 5 for a while. They are handy for tournament directors when trying to seed, but I think everyone in the wrestling community recognizes that Robert White is not a #3. I would argue that he is in the top 5 for P4P regardless of weight class. My top 5 are
1. Jesse Ybarra
2. Keller Rock
3. Alfonso Martinez
4. Robert White
5. Davien Guanajuato, Zach Espalin, Chris Lopez are all pretty even.

swingsingle

White is really good but Chavez from Eloy who is a two time state champion and a Virginia Beach All-American is really good too. I would also give Chavez the nod for a much harder schedule wrestled this year.

NEC1972

White is really good but Chavez from Eloy who is a two time state champion and a Virginia Beach All-American is really good too. I would also give Chavez the nod for a much harder schedule wrestled this year.

Chavez had a great year, but after seeing both him and White, the edge goes to White, in my opinion. Only had 1 match go into the 2nd and that was because he bumped up to 220 for team points. Other than that one, he only had 2 go over a minute. I would love to see Stevenson from Liberty go against White. Stevenson beat top-ranked wrestlers while at The Clash, Peoria champ (where he beat Chavez) and State Champ.

Dad3wrestlers

hard work, pays off
I know Stevenson ref's and wrestles freestyle, they both show up we get to see it. I hope it happens, love these Saturdays watching kids get better!

swingsingle

Yes that would have been the true state championship match for pound for pound 182 if Stevenson could have wrestled White at Flowing Wells. Unfortunately Stevenson got injured in his semi-final match against Beltran. He medical forfeited the finals because his knee has stiffened up over the intermission from the injury and it was very painful for him to plant on it. It would have been an awesome match to watch.