Cibola High School--Yuma Schools... ??

jfingd

Staff member
man.. looking at the roster, this school is a shell of what it was in prior years... anyone know why they have fallen so far?

Yuma Catholic, Gila Ridge, etc.. just new Yuma area teams sucking up the talent? It's too bad.

bayoubadger

Just wait until the week before sectionals. They will have guys come out of the woodwork that haven't wrestled all year. They will win a few matches and win sectionals and get the number one seed at state, with like a 5-0 record.

jfingd

Staff member
Just wait until the week before sectionals. They will have guys come out of the woodwork that haven't wrestled all year. They will win a few matches and win sectionals and get the number one seed at state, with like a 5-0 record.
I get the joke--but not this year. Here's their complete roster/records so far. Tomorrow they dual sunnyside, liberty and chandler.

1641313278016.png

jfingd

Staff member
Yeah. I know. You’re doing a great job there. I was referring to the government schools down there.

Coachdoerr

man.. looking at the roster, this school is a shell of what it was in prior years... anyone know why they have fallen so far?

Yuma Catholic, Gila Ridge, etc.. just new Yuma area teams sucking up the talent? It's too bad.

Cibola went down when their coach retired. What’s wrong with Yuma Catholic we have a pretty good team at the moment kids have had over 40 matches we placed 3rd at Mile High last year we were state runner -ups and this year we will battle with Morenci again at the state tournament

jfingd

Staff member
Cibola went down when their coach retired. What’s wrong with Yuma Catholic we have a pretty good team at the moment kids have had over 40 matches we placed 3rd at Mile High last year we were state runner -ups and this year we will battle with Morenci again at the state tournament
I was crediting newer yuma schools like Gila Ridge, and Yuma Catholic as having all the talent. Looks like I can add Kofa to that list as well. (of the better yuma programs). Yuma HS and Cibola are falling in their prestige.