MANU AIA STATE RANKINGS-DII

Jay Lee

A couple of notes on weight changes. Jake Sylvestre from Casa Grande wrestled 165 this weekend the Coolidge Tournament. He looked strong, but lost by pin to Nick Carroll of Higley in the finals. Carroll improved to 27-1 on the season. Roanin Richardson (Higley) continues to be undefeated at 144lbs at 22-0. He pinned all opponents in the 1st period. Finnegan Lee (Higley) moved to 157lbs and finished 2nd to Harold from ALA Gilbert North. Michael Mulvena (Higley) moved to 150lbs and finished 2nd to the ALA GN wrestler. Canyon Crowther now wrestles 175 for Higley. Innes Tidwell wrestles 190lbs for Higley and finished 2nd to Bric Jobe from ALA GN.

Jay Lee

jfingd, do you know if the rankings updated post the sectional tournaments? A couple of things to note: Mitchell Jones won against Jackson Rustad at 120lbs in the Section 3 finals. I think the score was 4-0. It was a battle by both wrestlers. At 157lbs, Terrain from Campo Verde won vs Strobel from Casteel via pin. Previous meetings have been really tight. I think Strobel just got caught in a move, I didn't see it as I was focused elsewhere. So for Section 3 the champ was Terrain, Ibarra from Gilbert finished 2nd, and Strobel 3rd. Everything else looks correct for Section 3, anyway.

jfingd

Staff member
They haven't been updated, because I think the AIA, or whoever is entering the data for the sectional tournaments isn't linking the correct schools and/or wrestlers with their overall track profile.

az_wrestler

no way Ramos loses to Miranda! Ramos only losses where out of state tournaments! these don't take in strength of schedule

jfingd

Staff member
The latest rankwrestler top five has had Ramos listed ahead of Miranda.

I agree--Miranda shouldn't be seeded ahead of Ramos--but they're both returning state champs, and Miranda has a slightly better record.

This is probably why Mt. View chose to skip the dual with Casteel at the end of the season--to avoid a head-to-head between a lot of the top two.

Effinger/Buchanan (126), Abele/Gomez (138), Callison/Gordin (165), Ramos/Miranda(132), Acedo/Cardona (HWT)

(I just noticed Buchanan isn't on the roster for Mt. View--that's a big hole. 25 team points gone.)