2016-2017 Division I Rankings 01/10/17

bayoubadger

Just checked out the rankwrestler.com site. That is really cool. Still only as accurate as the info in trackwrestling. It is about as objective as you can get.

Mike Jarman

Did anyone see what happened in the match last week where Steve Smith pinned Garcia from sunnyside? I saw on track wrestling not sure if it was accurate or not or if he just got caught or if it was just a legitimate no question about it win. Also on the Garcia topic Steven Jarman from Mesa just beat Garcia 6-0 in the dual tonight.

Mike Jarman

Yes he's my little brother. He also beat mark Prado this season. Lost a close match to the kofa kid and lost in OT at 120 to herrera.

acestallion

Yah he's a good wrestler I'm sure he'll be in the mix this year and a force to reckon with for years to come.

Mike Jarman

Charlie Boyle from Westwood should be getting some attention as well. He took 3rd at the brad jones tournament this weekend. Only has a few losses this season. Just beat pinnacle kid who was previously ranked #5 tonight score of 11-2. All that and Charlie Boyle only weighs 100 lbs.

Mike Jarman

Yes I graduated from Mountain View in 2000. I took 3rd in state 2x. We have seven brothers. All have placed and or won state. From 1995- present. We started at Mesa , and through out the Years mirgrated to westwood, mountain view and now Steven (the youngest of the 7 brothers) is back at Mesa. Charlie Boyle is mine and Stevens nephew.

acestallion

Oh alright ya when I saw your brother wrestling I recognized the name I wrestled during the mid 2000s and I remember some of your brothers when they wrestled at Mountain View. Wow didn't know there was 7 of you though. All good wrestlers too, definitely great job on keeping the tradition going and good luck to your younger brother this year.

Did anyone see what happened in the match last week where Steve Smith pinned Garcia from sunnyside? I saw on track wrestling not sure if it was accurate or not or if he just got caught or if it was just a legitimate no question about it win. Also on the Garcia topic Steven Jarman from Mesa just beat Garcia 6-0 in the dual tonight.
That wasn't Garcia. That was Vasquez. Garcia sat this dual out.

Mike Jarman

Just for fun here are my top 8 rankings for 108,115, and 122:

1-Kevavle Corona
2-Yabarra Sunnyside
3-Kelly chandler
4-Deibal Desert Mountain
5-Richards Mountain view
6-Boyle Westwood
7-Del Río Desert Vista
8- Arellano kofa

1- Garcia sunnyside
2- Valenzuela Kofa
3- Duron Cibola
4- Rivera Tucson
5- Smith Dobson
6- Jarman Mesa
7- Hornbuckle desert vista
8- Everett Gomez Desert Ridge

1- Loaiza Sunnyside
2- Ramirez Red Mountain
3- Zaragoza Cibola
4- Rodriquez Basha
5- Wood Desert Ridge
6- Santillana Mesa
7- Alonso Kofa
8- Martinez Desert vista

Notes: I think Chris Kelly wins it all. I've seen him beat Kavavle multiple times handily but that was preseason and I'm only going off performance this high school season and last high school season. Not including any off season stuff.

I haven't seen Duron from Cibola wrestle much on track so idk what's going on there. I know he beat Valenzuela at freakshow in OT but that was preseason.

Rivera from Tuccon has has lost to Gomez this year but Gomez hasn't done enough to prove a higher ranking IMO. Jarman from Mesa has beaten Gomez head to head. Rivera placed high at Flowing Wells and is a returning state champ. Jarman also beat Steve Smith in the preseason but again I'm not counting preseason.