2020-21 D3 Rankings

MingusCoach

Staff member
In my opinion, notable transfers that should be considered for rankings ;
Sahuarita's- Adrian Nemer from Cienega, Trajan Rios from Walden Grove and Julian Prieto from Desert View.
Coconino's - Thayer Nez from Tuba City and Chris Shadle from Miami.
Peoria's - Shawn Bamba from out of state
Snowflakes - Kinilcheenie brothers from Joseph City

Last edited:

Pinellas

If by Thayer, you mean Coconino’s Thayer Nez, he lost with ACP Cayden Gibson (9th grade) last week 11-8. I think he may be the younger brother of Kellen Gibson (220).

Jim ima

In my opinion, notable transfers that should be considered for rankings ;
Sahuarita's- Adrian Nemer from Cienega, Trajan Rios from Walden Grove and Julian Prieto from Desert View.
Coconino's - Thayer Nez from Tuba City and Chris Shadle from Miami.
Peoria's - Shawn Bamba from out of state
Snowflakes - Kinilcheenie brothers from Joseph City
Nemer from WG, Rios from Cienega. Both were under .500, Prieto had a good record but didn't qualify. That section was ROUGH, will keep him in mind.

Nez just got beat by a freshman. Nez and Shadle at the same weight, for now. Waiting to see how it plays out.

Put Bamba in based on record and lack of other guys.

Put older Kinlicheenie in at 32 for now.

CVCougar

Any knowledge on Evens staying up at 26? I noticed he has been there his last couple matches.
He is a pretty competitive kid and wanted some better matches with stronger guys. He may stay up at 126 because it is a much tougher weight and closer to the college weight of 125. With all of the Covid quitters this year, I don't think we will be pushing for a state trophy so we aren't too concerned about what works best for the team with Evens. Great kid.

jfingd

Staff member
I have a feeling that the "Who's #1 in Arizona" is going to be huge this year....

MingusCoach

Staff member
Yesterday Conrad Brady weighed in at 162 pounds but bumped up to sharpen his skills against Coolidge Wrestler O'Riah Jackson who was last years state champion from (AZCAA). That guy is unbelievably strong, very aggressive and exceptionally athletic. In my opinion he should be ranked at 170 pounds.

At 138 pounds I noticed Zack Burke who transferred from Basha to American Leadership Academy, Zach Burke did not compete last year, however this week he defeated Andy Wilhelm from Show Low who was undefeated. Looks like a placer.

Jim ima

There was a Chino/Yuma match scheduled...does anyone know if it happened? Was looking forward to Bugarin/Evens rematch

Champ

Very impressed with Kordova. Lost by 1 to a D2 state finalist and beat a D4 state finalist.

Asher King looks like he’s from Bradshaw mountain

Looks like Gonzales (Safford) went to 170 and he had an impressive win against Julian Gordin. I would place him first at 170.

Is Mathew Davis (CV) listed twice at 170/182

MingusCoach

Staff member
Terrell Kinlicheenie missing.
Conrad Brady missing at 160. Has been competing at 170 for team dual strength but is planning on going 160 at state.
Justin Fox defeated Tony Hernandez.

Champ

145 Pounds #3 Gabriel Elias (Sahuarita) with a win over #2 Charles Croci (CDO) 8-6

106 Pounds Coconino Anthony Escalera with a W over #3 Wilhelm 7-3
Interesting to see where to rank since #3 Wilhelm beat #4 Hunter Lane 6-1 but Hunter Lane with a W (Fall) over Escalera

Last edited: