3 boys!! What you thinking??

TUMBLEWEED

How is it that after all the complaining and whining about how coach wouldn’t let you son cut down to 106 that he couldn’t even make 115#?

In my mind there is only one answer.. YOU are to blame.
Your family has been in it long enough and should have been able to make the weight no problem.

YOU claim that the coach is so selfish because he wouldn’t let your boy cut weight??
And he was only interested in a team title and didn’t care about a kids goals.

I think YOU are the selfish one!

Maybe if you believed in your son the way coach did, things would be easier. I am certain if properly suported, your boy would have been a contender at either weight.

Now he sits and watches, AND the team likely doesn’t win state title.

Loose, Loose situation

Who is the winner?

Last edited:

AzWildCard

3Boys,

Let it be a learning lesson. Let the coaches coach, keep him in the program and he will be a contender for a state title next year.

Your son is a great kid. Let him bounce back!

AZ_wrestlinFan#1

How is it that after all the complaining and whining about how coach wouldn’t let you son cut down to 106 that he couldn’t even make 115#?

In my mind there is only one answer.. YOU are to blame.
Your family has been in it long enough and should have been able to make the weight no problem.

YOU claim that the coach is so selfish because he wouldn’t let your boy cut weight??
And he was only interested in a team title and didn’t care about a kids goals.

I think YOU are the selfish one!

Maybe if you believed in your son the way coach did, things would be easier. I am certain if properly suported, your boy would have been a contender at either weight.

Now he sits and watches, AND the team likely doesn’t win state title.

Loose, Loose situation

Who is the winner?
Calm down Dick Castle! Everyone knows QC is winning D2 this year.

Is it the same QC that won their section yesterday?? Anyways, parents need to let their kids wrestle and back off!! Coaches coach, wrestlers wrestle, parents support both!! Simple as that!! Too many times parents, especially the dads want to live their wrestling fantasies through the reality of their sons wrestling careers which often results in sabotaging their successes! 3Boys is a perfect example of that!! Quit whining, quit making excuses, and get off your kids back! Unfortunately one senior season was lost and now a sophomore season went down the drain and everyone knows what I’m talking about!! Let ‘em wrestle!!

whenndoubtchokemout

"when in doubt, chokem out"
Is it the same QC that won their section yesterday?? Anyways, parents need to let their kids wrestle and back off!! Coaches coach, wrestlers wrestle, parents support both!! Simple as that!! Too many times parents, especially the dads want to live their wrestling fantasies through the reality of their sons wrestling careers which often results in sabotaging their successes! 3Boys is a perfect example of that!! Quit whining, quit making excuses, and get off your kids back! Unfortunately one senior season was lost and now a sophomore season went down the drain and everyone knows what I’m talking about!! Let ‘em wrestle!!
Don’t get QC involved in this conversation, taking shots at QC is pretty low

How is that low? That was clearly a response to a comment made by another person. I don’t disparage any schools or teams I was just making a point!

AZ_wrestlinFan#1

Calm down M.G. Cold. If a mediocre state placer can bring down a whole team then probably the team wasn’t good enough to win State anyway.

AZ_wrestlinFan#1

It’s pretty sad u guys have to blame 3boys/Ortiz boys for not being able to win a team championship this year and to get into someone’s personal life and thrash him is pathetic.
Just shows how low parents can be. Looks like those Marana Mountain View parents are also living vicariously through their kids. Northwest Tucson people are weird!

Bighead

Just shows how low parents can be. Looks like those Marana Mountain View parents are also living vicariously through their kids. Northwest Tucson people are weird!
AZ_wrestlinFan#1 i think the reason you see so many Mountain View parents upset is they have had to listen to 3 Boys disparage the coaching staff all season to anyone who would listen. Being told that a parent is going around to other coaches and parents at tournaments trashing your coaches is frustrating to say the least. Say what you want the coaching staff at Mountain View is a class act and you will hear that from other coaches across the State.
It’s unfortunate what happened to Gabe because he is an incredible young man and much more than just a “mediocre state placer”. He is a humble talented young man stuck in a difficult situation.

AZ_wrestlinFan#1

I see a lot of “New Member” on this thread. You parents are that petty to make an account and bash one of your own parents. Instead of calling 3 boys and seeing what the problem is you come on a forum and cyber bully him like a high school teenager... I’m sure he’s not the most stand up guy, I also heard his breath stinks... Don’t forget to thank Coach Vega with the Tucson Cyclones when you guys do get a State Champion.

AZ_wrestlinFan#1

AZ_wrestlinFan#1 i think the reason you see so many Mountain View parents upset is they have had to listen to 3 Boys disparage the coaching staff all season to anyone who would listen. Being told that a parent is going around to other coaches and parents at tournaments trashing your coaches is frustrating to say the least. Say what you want the coaching staff at Mountain View is a class act and you will hear that from other coaches across the State.
It’s unfortunate what happened to Gabe because he is an incredible young man and much more than just a “mediocre state placer”. He is a humble talented young man stuck in a difficult situation.
Yes he’s a “mediocre state placer” took 4th last year at division 2 106. That has nothing to with him being a humble incredible young man.

Bighead

I see a lot of “New Member” on this thread. You parents are that petty to make an account and bash one of your own parents. Instead of calling 3 boys and seeing what the problem is you come on a forum and cyber bully him like a high school teenager... I’m sure he’s not the most stand up guy, I also heard his breath stinks... Don’t forget to thank Coach Vega with the Tucson Cyclones when you guys do get a State Champion.
I didn’t mean for anything in my post to disparage 3boys I was simply explaining why I think parents are upset. I’m sure most parents at any school would be upset with someone saying things about their coaches. Also “new member” doesn’t mean you just signed up. I’ve had an account on here for several years now. I personally just don’t post because I know I don’t have the knowledge that most of you do.

AZ_wrestlinFan#1 Anytime a young man wins or places at State there is a long list of individuals, coaches, family, etc..., who play a role. Coach Vega is awesome and has really helped an incredible number of wrestlers achieve great things along with a long list of other coaches. I’m grateful to all the men and coaches who sacrifice and help our sons become the young men they are. Win or lose I love Wrestling for what it teaches our boys. The situation this year between 3boys and the coaches was unfortunate. I wish it hadn’t played out the way it did and I wish Gave only the best. Any young man that finds himself on the podium at State is anything but mediocre and I know we will se him do great things on the mat wherever he ends up in Phoenix next year.

Last edited:

Bighead

Also just let me say Congratulations to Cienega, they came to wrestle at sectionals and won. I definitely think they are the team to beat at State for DII.

CVCougar

I am a completely unbiased poster who has been on here for quite a while. It sure sounds like you have an ax to grind with the MMV coaching staff. Coaches around the state will tell you that the coaching staff at Mountain View is a top notch group of guys and the reason they have quality wrestlers coming their way is because they have a great program that develops great wrestlers. Coach Vega has done a lot of good for many wrestlers in Southern AZ but that does not take away from the good things that are happening at Mountain View. I like Coach Booth's advice about stopping the complaining and getting ready to enjoy some wrestling. Regardless of what happened, the Mountain View team is still poised to contend for a state title. It should be a fun race to watch.

MatMaid

AZ_wrestlinFan#1 you can't call people out for "bashing other parents" in one comment and in the next directly talk trash about the wrestler himself.

Give me a break... parents are off limits but kids are fair game. The whole thing is unfortunate!

You sound ridiculous, PHX people can be so weird.

AZ_wrestlinFan#1

AZ_wrestlinFan#1 you can't call people out for "bashing other parents" in one comment and in the next directly talk trash about the wrestler himself.

Give me a break... parents are off limits but kids are fair game. The whole thing is unfortunate!

You sound ridiculous, PHX people can be so weird.
Colorado people are weirder!

Coach Pat

Also just let me say Congratulations to Cienega, they came to wrestle at sectionals and won. I definitely think they are the team to beat at State for DII.

Thank you so much for the kind words. Its always hard for a group of young men to adjust to a new coach and the guys at Cienega have done that, working hard in the room, taking my direction as well as the coaching staff I brought with me. And I think that they have definitely proven themselves as state contenders. This next week will be very exciting. I am looking forward to some great wrestling in all divisions.