Benson Invitational

Hi Coaches,

On behalf of Benson Wrestling I would like to invite your team to the 2017 Benson Invitational, January 6th and 7th.

Benson's goal is to build the competitiveness of this event every year and having your teams attend will help make that happen. We had some great competition last year from many teams and are always looking to elevate that to a higher level. Last years team championship pitted D4 state Champions Morenci against D3 powerhouse Amphi in an awesome match.

The format will be 16 teams divided into 2 pools of 8 each. At the end of the pool wrestling every team will wrestle cross bracket match for final team placing. Each wrestler should get a minimum of 8 matches during the tournament and the top 3 wrestlers from each weight will get 9-10 matches.

We understand some teams are traveling from long distances so we always try and end the tournament early on Saturday so that way you can get home early. We understand you coaches put in long days at these tournaments and I know
it's always nice getting home at a descent hour Saturday night to spend time with family and friends.

Also to consider is a great hospitality room and a fully open concession stand, easy access to I-10, lots of local eateries and hotels as well as the availability of our gym for overnighting your team and holding down your cost. Additionally our event being the weekend prior to the Flowing Wells tournament gives you an excellent opportunity to evaluate your wrestlers against strong
field of competition.

I hope to hear back from you that your team will attend our tournament. Having your team there will add to the level of a already tough event. I have attached a flier with this email so you can look at the information. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Respectfully,
Ben Katshor
Benson High School
Head Coach
benmkatshor@yahoo.com

Please Contact Darrin Giltner to confirm a spot.
dgiltner@bensonsd.k12.az.us