Flowing Wells Finals

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
I have to say, I did not see Ybarra of Sunnyside losing this year. It just is a reminder that anyone can be beaten on any given day. Keep working hard Jesse, back to the drawing board.

I enjoyed the 152lb finals and 160lbs finals. Congrats Sheldon! Keep it up.

What other matches did you guys all enjoy watching? Were there any controversial calls during the finals ? I thought of a few, but wanted to see what you guys all thought.

Mopar

I think there were a couple questionable calls during the 152 finals. Didn’t affect the outcome though.

Mopar

3rd period Anthony shoots a double and momentarily had control of both of Andrews legs. @ 5:55 into the video.

In OT at 7:55 Andrews is on his back. Anthony appears to be in control. No takedown? Back points?

Not saying they were bad calls but I’ve seen similar situations called differently.

Toughontop

I have to say, I did not see Ybarra of Sunnyside losing this year. It just is a reminder that anyone can be beaten on any given day. Keep working hard Jesse, back to the drawing board.

I enjoyed the 152lb finals and 160lbs finals. Congrats Sheldon! Keep it up.

What other matches did you guys all enjoy watching? Were there any controversial calls during the finals ? I thought of a few, but wanted to see what you guys all thought.

These are the types of matches that need to happen within AZ if AZ wrestling hopes to raise the level and be considered a national force. 128, 152 consisted of high level wrestlers going at it with high stakes on the line. I respect those athletes involved because they showed up to fight. All of them. Was worth price of admission.

chingon76

Staff member
These are the types of matches that need to happen within AZ if AZ wrestling hopes to raise the level and be considered a national force. 128, 152 consisted of high level wrestlers going at it with high stakes on the line. I respect those athletes involved because they showed up to fight. All of them. Was worth price of admission.
Agreed!

Twotimer

I thought the 134 lb. match was excellent. Two really talented wrestlers showing college technique and scrambles. Tellez from Cienega has really come on beating the 3x New Mexico kid. Also Guerrero from Walden Grove beating Ybarra from Sunnyside was some good wrestling.

pops

145 lbs finals match featured Killgore 39-1 only loss to Andrews 10-6 and Martinez 34-1 only loss to Mechler (WI) 14-11 Martinez dominated getting the fall in the 2nd period. Kid is looking really tough.