Flowing Wells Invitational

az_wrestler

after driving to Tucson for FW ...what a tuff tournament, but a terrible venue. Paid admission and no seats for spectators until the finals.. people were respectful though.... Rankings shake up again. Saw freshman that shined and others really come out. Records meant nothing in this tourney saw 9-6 kids beat kids with 24-5 records...seeding was a head scratcher. Always an issue everywhere I know but is still needs to be said. Congrats to all the winners, placers and the ones that came close...42 teams warrants a top 8 finish and new medals would be a start....get out of the 70"s... FW as bad as it was as a spectator is still and will be one of the hardest tournaments in Arizona, until schools stop going because of the venue. Thanks for putting it on track for everyone to see...bug thumbs up for that FW.

Coach Pat

I don't agree with placing top 8. FW is a tough tournament - the toughest in AZ IMO - and being in that top 6 really means something. Don't water down the medals by giving them to more kids. Now. If they're we're 64 teams, then sure. But until then, keep it the way it is. But I do agree on venue. When I was a junior and senior it was at the TCC and that was awesome. Not sure why we can't start hosting it there again. Probably $.

rczthriving

Seeding at FW was based pretty much solely on state placing prior year....regardless of divisions. Great/tough tournament, but I agree, venue is not great due to size.

Craziest match of the tournament was when Vicente Silva of Tucson High School pinned the #1 seed Dawon Andrews from Safford in the quarters at 145 lbs. Upset City!!!! Tucson High School has a dual with Sunnyside tomorrow. Can Vicente Silva pull off another upset against the Sunnyside kid at 145??

TUMBLEWEED

Craziest match of the tournament was when Vicente Silva of Tucson High School pinned the #1 seed Dawon Andrews from Safford in the quarters at 145 lbs. Upset City!!!! Tucson High School has a dual with Sunnyside tomorrow. Can Vicente Silva pull off another upset against the Sunnyside kid at 145??

Any one know how the 145# match went at this dual?

I would venture to say that Silvia's luck did not carry over to this one.