SS vs CHS (hypothetically speaking of course)

TUMBLEWEED

I don’t think Chandler should be the team Sunnyside should be worried about, CIBOLA is my pick to win it in February, with the addition of the Castaneda boys, they got some studs in the upper weights 152-Heavyweight and some tough lower weights, they wrestled against some elite competition at Reno this weekend.
Is there two Cibola teams?

Just want to make sure we are talking about the same team that dropped a duel to Cienega..
LoL

whenndoubtchokemout

"when in doubt, chokem out"
yup same team, but definetly not the same team i saw at RENO. Duels dont mean anything, especially the early part of the season, how many teams have good duel teams and can't win a team championship. if you want to size up a team, after Christmas is when we see the final line ups and wrestlers peaking. Sunnyside is a great duel team but has not won a team championship since 2013. Cienga is a tough team and is a top 5 team in D2

Coach Pat

We (Cienega) are tough and I would say very solid from top to bottom. That dual against Cibola was a great match and hard fought. Cibola didn't have Gandara or the Castenada brothers, but I was also missing a couple guys.

With those guys in the lineup I think Cibola is a top team.

TUMBLEWEED

yup same team, but definetly not the same team i saw at RENO. Duels dont mean anything, especially the early part of the season, how many teams have good duel teams and can't win a team championship. if you want to size up a team, after Christmas is when we see the final line ups and wrestlers peaking. Sunnyside is a great duel team but has not won a team championship since 2013. Cienga is a tough team and is a top 5 team in D2
Here is a list of Cibola roster at Reno, and SS

106 •James Brown Vs. Johnny Sierra
113 •Jesse Yanarra Vs. Josh Chavez
120 •Manny Garcia Vs. Russell Phelps
126 •Chente Loiza Vs. Franxl Z
132 —. Vs. •Damian G
138 •RBY Vs. Castaneda
145 •Aaron Rodriguez Vs Sebastian Valencia
152 W. Rose Vs. •Gandara
160 •Elisha W. Vs. ???
170 •Sebastian M Vs Castenada
182 Monreal Vs. •Sebastian T
195 •Matt Reese Vs. Mario N
220 EJ G Vs •A Philips
Hvwt Monreal Vs. •Mommer

My predictions for higher point scorer marked with •
Just not seeing how you think Cibola gonna beat SS
A couple of my predictions are generous to Cibola.

We will get to see a little preview of what’s to come at Peoria.
I look forward to it.

AZ_wrestlinFan#1

Here is a list of Cibola roster at Reno, and SS

126 •Chente Loiza Vs. Franxl Z
132 —. Vs. •Damian G
138 •RBY Vs. Castaneda
152 W. Rose Vs. •Gandara
160 •Elisha W. Vs. ???
170 •Sebastian M Vs Castenada
195 •Matt Reese Vs. Mario N
220 EJ G Vs •A Philips
Hvwt Monreal Vs. •Mommer

My predictions for higher point scorer marked with •
Just not seeing how you think Cibola gonna beat SS
A couple of my predictions are generous to Cibola.

We will get to see a little preview of what’s to come at Peoria.
I look forward to it.
132 for SS is Brandon Moraga. State Champ in 8th grade. He took a year off of wrestling and is back now. Tough Athletic kid. 160 for Cibola is Zeke Guerrero. I think Sunnyside wins at both weight classes.

whenndoubtchokemout

126 •Chente Loiza Vs. Franxl Z (close one)
132 Brandon Morago Vs. •Damian G
138 •RBY Vs. Castaneda
152 W. Rose Vs. •A. Gandara
160 Elisha W. Vs. •Zeke Guerrero
170 Sebastian M Vs •D. Castenada
195 Matt Reese Vs. •Mario Neblina
220 EJ G Vs •A Philips
Hvwt Monreal Vs. •Mommer

bayoubadger

138 •RBY Vs. Castaneda
220 EJ G Vs •A Philips
Hvwt Monreal Vs. •Mommer

While you are certainly entitled to your opinion. I think your upper weight predictions are a bit of a stretch. With the exception of Gandara and Mommer, any of the upper weights could easily go the other way. Some are likely to go the other way. Mordecai is looking great. Neblina has yet to wrestle. The lower weights on the other hand are pretty well a lock for Sunnyside. Cibola is just not going to be able to score the points needed to edge Sunnyside.

AZ_wrestlinFan#1

138 •RBY Vs. Castaneda
220 EJ G Vs •A Philips
Hvwt Monreal Vs. •Mommer
D. Castañeda is tough, but there’s no way he’s beating Mordecai... Zeke Guerrero not beating E. Wyatt either.... Zac Guerrero would beat him though.

Wrestlers

According to AIA rules, the Castaneda boys are not eligible to wrestle. These guys were on the Kofa roster for football and are now wrestling for Cibola- all in the same current year. This is a violation of AIA bylaw 15.3.4 which states that no student is eligible that semester if they enrolled after the 14th day of the school. In addition, the older boy wrestled for Yuma Catholic his freshman year. This violates AIA bylaw 15.10.1 which basically states a student can’t transfer more than once or they are ineligible the entire year.

Cibola is in violation of AIA rules. If these rules can’t be followed and enforced, then I say there is no need for an AIA.

whenndoubtchokemout

As long as they did not step on the Kofa mat on the first day of practice they are good to go. Does anyone play by the rules anymore? Let the kids wrestle...is Cibola that much of a threat to have to bring up the rule book vergbage and bring this up in the middle of the season. Let it go!

Wrestlers

Sorry but that isn’t what the rules say. We had to abide by AIA rules and have lost 1/2 the season. So it’s only fair that other people are held just as accountable regardless of Division, school or athlete.

If AIA makes rules and only applies them sometimes then there is no equity.

AZ_wrestlinFan#1

While you are certainly entitled to your opinion. I think your upper weight predictions are a bit of a stretch. With the exception of Gandara and Mommer, any of the upper weights could easily go the other way. Some are likely to go the other way. Mordecai is looking great. Neblina has yet to wrestle. The lower weights on the other hand are pretty well a lock for Sunnyside. Cibola is just not going to be able to score the points needed to edge Sunnyside.
I agree. Those upper weight predictions are waaay off!!!

Mike Jarman

I was thinking he may drop to 134. Speculating that he may have certified at 134 and meanwhile has to wrestle at 145 due to RBY being at 138.

homerdindon

RBY will dominate no matter what weight he goes, so anything other than bumping him to 145 to let those other guys get in the lineup at their regular weights would be pretty silly.

East Valley

We (Cienega) are tough and I would say very solid from top to bottom. That dual against Cibola was a great match and hard fought. Cibola didn't have Gandara or the Castenada brothers, but I was also missing a couple guys.

With those guys in the lineup I think Cibola is a top team.
I saw Cienega at Skyline. They are tough this year.