State Predictions

wjd

Anyone have any predictions regarding the order of team finishes at state?

No comments on how well State panned out? No observations or results of how certain matches turned out? I would comment but was not able to attend..

acestallion

Overall I thought state ran well. A couple of upsets but to me it seems that the favorites won. Morenci was top team all year they ran away with it, Show Low looked great, Marana Mt. View had a great team and it was a nice battle with them and Queen Creek. Corona and Sunnyside battled it out with Corona coming out on top. To me the difference there was Upshur coming back. He took state and scored 26 points and Corona won by 23.5 points. Like I said overall it was a great tournament this year and congratulations to all the champs and placers this year. The future's bright for Arizona Wrestling and I'm looking forward to watching it keep on growing.

acestallion

Also another side note, interesting that there's 4 state champs that came out of last year's Seton team and probably another one in Hovis at Poway. Not saying they all would of won it this year in fact 3 are in the same weight class, but it would of been interesting if that team would of kept together. Glad there was continued success for them switching schools is not an easy thing. I think people underestimate how hard that is. High school isn't an easy time there's a lot of distractions among other things, so for those kids to be able to still succeed with all that happened is amazing to me. I think too many times people (adults) forget the only thing that matters when it comes to this sport. Its about the kids and nothing else. My hat off to those kids and good luck to the seniors.