Sunnyside and IR lineups - just for fun

Coach P

So my excitement for some upcoming matches cannot be contained any longer..... just a fun and very hypothetical discussion..... Anyone want to try to guess line ups and scores for SS and IR? I was gonna include Mesa MV but I don't know too much about them this year.....soooooo

Weight SS vs IR
106 V. Loaiza (if he can make it) vs ????? (SS with the edge)
113 E. Alcantara vs. Cuhna (IR with the edge)
120 Bravo Young vs Vega/Castillo???? (I wish, but probably won't happen, SS wins if no Vega)
120 IR has a few options at this weight.....I see Castillo being put in to wrestle Bravo, and Vega going 126, then bumping everyone up
126 Salazar vs Klass/Vega (toss up with Klass)
132 Laguna vs Klass/Kline (close, but SS gets the edge)
138 H Salazar vs Calzadillas/Kline (close, but IR gets the edge)
145 Tellez vs Calzadillas/Kline (toss up)
152 ??? vs Taylor (IR gets the edge)
160 Frias vs Dominguez (toss up)
171 ??? vs Berson (IR gets the edge)
180 ??? vs Mansman (IR gets the edge)
195 ??? vs ???
220 ??? vs ???
285 ??? vs ???

Wow, IR might take it......but everyone does like to hate Sunnyside....LOL. Any other thoughts/comments?

East Valley

Man that is going to be fun!! I know all the boys except Mansman & Kline? Is Mansman the State champ from another state? Are both teams light on the big boys?

Coach P

I got the line ups from the rankings. So they may be right on or they may be a little off....either way, just having some fun, cause I figure the coaches are seriously stressing the lineups right now. Anyone know the exact date of this duel? and the one against MMV? Both teams will reload in the upper weights, but no notable returners in the upper weights. And those weight classes will probably score the most team points.....IR may have Guerrero at 106....not sure where he ended up. IR with the Missouri kid looks tough.

whenndoubtchokemout

"when in doubt, chokem out"
Ironwood Ridge weights are based on trackwrestling cerifications, Sunnyside has not certified yet.

Sunnyside Ironwwod Ridge
106 Loaiza ?
113 Alcantara Cuhna
120 Bravo Vega (too tough to call)
126 D. Salazar Castillo
132 Laguna Klass/Kline
138 H. Salazar Calzadillas
145 Tellez N. Taylor
152 ? K. Taylor
160 M. Frias M. Dominguez
170 ? Berson
182 ? Mansman
195 ? ?
220 ? ?
Heavyweight ? ?

Gonna come down to who has the better upper weights, interesting to see the match ups.

whenndoubtchokemout

"when in doubt, chokem out"
Wont know upper weights until Sunnyside certifies

Sunnyside Mt. View
106 Loaiza Doolen
113 Alcantara ?
120 Bravo Rustad
126 D. Salazar Evans
132 Laguna Mason
138 H. Salazar Williams
145 Tellez Booth
152 ? Peters
160 Frias Wokasch
170 ? Goff
182 ? B. Doolen
195 ?
220 ? W. Jordan
Heavyweight ? ?

az_wrestler

Guerrero, if your talking Diego is at Walden Grove I think...where u getting these wts? early duels don't mean anything..we all know it's after jan where the duels get good. so putting IR vs SS before jan was just silly same for ss vs Mesa mt view..like saying who will be in the world series on opening day...everyone knows the pennant race starts in July after the all-star break ...just saying

Coach P

az_wrestler,
The wts I am getting from rankings and now the certifications of course(as referenced earlier). So it's a ball park figure on actually what weights they have wrestled recently and honestly, just "great assumptions," based on me right?!? So just my opinion.....and really hoping SS pulls it off. They got the kids, and Coaches willing to put in the time. So, right combination with the right support (financially mostly) and they will rise. Oh, and obviously Guerrero is not at IR. He is a tough kid to look out for this year.

bayoubadger

I will be interested to see where the weights fall for those first meets. Just because a wrestler certified at say 160, as long as he weighed within 1.5% (if certified 1 week before first dual) or 3% (if certified 2 weeks before first dual) of 152 he could be wrestling 152 in the first dual.

East Valley

I think depth will play a huge part this year. The role players on each team will be big. The top 3-5 teams have good light & middle weights. The big boys may end up deciding it.

Jim ima

IR 34 SS 22 FINAL

145, 152, 160 1st period pins for IR
18-0

SS wins 5-1?
18-3

IR wins in OT
21-3

195 SS gets forfeit
21-9

SS gets pin
21-15

HWT
SS wins 3-0?
21-18

SS wins dec
21-21

Vega maj Dec Loaiza
25-21

Bravo dec Castillo
9-4?
25-24

Kline dec Salazar
9-2
28-24

132 Klass dec Hernadez
4-2

Hernadez loses 2 team points, 1 for slapping IR coach's hand and then 1 taking his straps off on the mat

31-22

138 Calzadillas dec Salazar
1-0

34-22 Final

Jim ima

I don't think anyone dodged anybody, as much as everyone wants to see that I doubt the coaches are interested in what everyone else wants. They're trying to win this duel first and foremost.