Sunnyside/Mesa Mt. View/Dobson @ Basha duel today

Coach P

From one wrestling junkie to the next....I need updates please!!!!!! at least on a few until trackwrestling catches up.

donrcovert

Coach P said:
From one wrestling junkie to the next....I need updates please!!!!!! at least on a few until trackwrestling catches up.

106...MVT DEC
113...SS PIN
120...SS PIN
126...SS DEC
132...MVT PIN
138...MVT DEC
145...SS DEC
152...MVT PIN
160...MVT TEC
170...SS DEC
180...MVT DEC
195...MVT PIN
220...MVT PIN
285...MVT PIN

41-21

East Valley

At the same duel
Basha beat Dobson 37-33
Sunnyside beat Basha 38-30
Sunnyside beat Dobson 61-13

Any other scores??

East Valley

The Sunnyside vs Mtn View duel was incredibly intense on both sides. The emotion was high. The 3rd duel seemed to be where both teams hit their stride.

Chokem out, now that you've seen Ironwood Ridge, Sunnyside & Mtn View. What is your early season assessment on those 3?

whenndoubtchokemout

"when in doubt, chokem out"
WOW!!....after watching Ironwood Ridge beat up on Chandler 61-15 and Mt. View Mesa beat Sunnyside 41-21. Mt. View stopping Sunnyside's duel winning streak dating back to 2011/2012 season. This is my top 3 after the first week.

1. Mesa Mt. View
2. Ironwood Ridge
3. Sunnyside

Sunnyside was missing Laguna and their 106 starter did not make weight but even with Laguna and their 106 starter, I don't think they would have beaten Mt. View. Sunnyside barely beat Basha 38-30 and Basha had forfeits at 106 and 113. Sunnyside obviously is not the powerhouse team it once was; however, I wont count them out because one way or another come February they will be in the mix for the team championship. Mt. View picked up right were they left off last year, tough and very disciplined wrestlers. Ironwood Ridge has some HAMMERS on that team, best team in the south. The team that really has me scratching my head is Chandler. National Champion Jason Holmes @ 106 did not wrestle, neither did Quincy Reece @ 138. I also was surprised Michel Reyes @ 126 lost to Marcus Castillo (Freshman).It will be interesting WHEN Chandler gets all their pieces in place how good this team can be. I don't see this team peaking till after Christmas.

Mark your calendars on December 2nd, Ironwood Ridge @ Sunnyside.

December 9th @ Hamilton HS, Mesa Mt. View will duel against Ironwood Ridge. This should be a GREAT one.

Jim ima

"When n doubt Chokem out" said:
WOW!!....after watching Ironwood Ridge beat up on Chandler 61-15 and Mt. View Mesa beat Sunnyside 41-21. Mt. View stopping Sunnyside's duel winning streak dating back to 2011.

Sunnyside was missing Laguna and their 106 starter did not make weight but even with Laguna and their 106 starter, I don't think they would have beaten Mt. View. Sunnyside barely beat Basha 38-30 and Basha had forfeits at 106 and 113. Sunnyside obviously is not the powerhouse team it once was;

Couple of things here, Ironwood Ridge beat Sunnyside in January 2012 and how do you know Laguna will be wrestling?

TUMBLEWEED

I thought that SS technically lost all matches last year in which they wrestled an ineligible athlete.

Also where is the IR & MMV dual going to be?

Jim ima

TUMBLEWEED said:
I thought that SS technically lost all matches last year in which they wrestled an ineligible athlete.

Also where is the IR & MMV dual going to be?

^^ I guess that's true, IR/MV will be @ Hamilton on 12/9