Transfers??

whenndoubtchokemout

"when in doubt, chokem out"
Anyone transferring schools? Anyone who was planning on transferring should have gotten their boundry exceptions approval by now...I dont believe hardships are being reviewed until August or September.

Any information on who will take over at Ironwood Ridge, Seton Catholic and Mesa Mountain View?

East Valley

I heard that too.

Mountain Views coach will be announced next week. He's a stud I'm pumped. I haven't heard about Seton or IR.

East Valley

Mtn View hired Corey Anderson from Cleveland HS in New Mexico. He was at Freestyle State Saturday. He is the perfect fit. His previous teams won 3 of the last 5 State titles & he's coached a lot of All-Americans. 3 time coach of the year. The Toro family is very excited to have him!

Allazallstars

chingon76 said:
i've heard there will be a couple of transfers from Seton into Corona Del Sol

So who from Seton is going to Corona?

I head Rico who sat out last year at Seton is going to Queen Creek

whenndoubtchokemout

Now that school is out, who is transferring? (especially with the new AIA transfer rule only have to miss 50% of the season and be elgible) Is this good for the sport/school/student?

whenndoubtchokemout

Any transfers confirmed yet, sounds like Mordecai is moving to Colorado, according to a feed recently. Anyone know is Marcus Castillo will be back at Marana Mt. VIEW? Also heard several of the remaining studs at Ironwood Ridge might be jumping ship. Can anyone confirm Hawkins brothers transfered to WilliaMs Field.

East Valley

On facebook I saw a Williams field team picture at a summer camp. The Hawkins boys were in the picture. My guess is yes they are there.

whenndoubtchokemout

So the word is 5 Seton Catholic wrestlers are transferring to Corona. If that is the case, it will be interesting who will wrestle in what weight classes. Konecny, Dolce, Milnes and Carmona all wrestle 145's. If Corona get 5 Seton wrestlers and they can work the weight classes, they are CLEARLY the best team in D-1.

Top 5
1. Corona
2. Sunnyside
3. Cibola
4. Mesa Mt. View
5. Desert Vista

whenndoubtchokemout

Thats gonna be interesting, if they move back to their home boundary school or relocate to the district they wanna go to then I don't see them having to sit out till after December.

bayoubadger

"When n doubt Chokem out" said:
So the word is 5 Seton Catholic wrestlers are transferring to Corona. If that is the case, it will be interesting who will wrestle in what weight classes. Konecny, Dolce, Milnes and Carmona all wrestle 145's. If Corona get 5 Seton wrestlers and they can work the weight classes, they are CLEARLY the best team in D-1.

Top 5
1. Corona
2. Sunnyside
3. Cibola
4. Mesa Mt. View
5. Desert Vista

How do you figure having 3 guys transfer in at the same weight will make them CLEARLY be better than Sunnyside? Who are the other two? I have heard that Hovis is going to Poway. While I think that it will make things much more interesting Sunnyside still has the upper hand up to 138. 145-160 lean towards Seton. 170-HWT is a toss up, though I am calling it now, Sunnyside's upper weights are going surprise a lot of people. I still think Sunnyside has the tools and will win the State Championship.

whenndoubtchokemout

Nothing confirmed on weights for this year but based on last year's roster, record and state placements/qualifier. PRE-line ups for Sunnyside and Corona. This doesn't include
any transfers going to Sunnyside or incoming freshman.

SUNNYSIDE ROSTER
106 MANNY GARCIA 18-7
113 AARON RODRIGUEZ 4-2
120 VINCENT. LOIZA 27-4 / RUNNER UP @ 106
126 ROMAN BRAVO 31-0 / STATE CHAMPION @120
132 ?
138 DAVID SALAZAR 30-2 / STATE CHAMPION @126
145 HECTOR SALAZAR 29-9 / STATE 6TH PLACE @145
152 STEVEN GAMEZ 12-6
160 IVAN TENA 17-7 / STATE QUALIFIER
170 MATT REES
182 J. HERNANDEZ 26-11 / STATE 3RD PLACE @182
195 ?
220 ?
HWT ADRIAN MONREAL 9-9

CORONA DEL SOL ROSTER

106 Zack Kvavle 27-10 / STATE 5TH PLACE
113 Cameron Upshur 31-8 / STATE 5TH PLACE
120 Justin Sorenson 5-6
126 Bradley Buchholz 20-9
132 JACOB GARCIA 30-12 / STATE 4TH PLACE (D-II)
138 WESTON MILNES 28-12 / STATE RUNNER UP @138 (D-II)
145 HUNTER CARMONA 36-10 / STATE 3RD PLACE
152 VINCENT DOLCE 40-6 / STATE CHAMPION @ 145 (D-II)
160 BRANDON KONECNY 42-4 / STATE CHAMPION @160 (D-II)
170 CHRIS FILL 21-2 / STATE QUALIFIER
182 NICHOLAS RUFFALO 31-10 / STATE 5TH PLACE
195 MARIO REYES 8-4
220 JACOB SANTA CRUZ 23-10
HWT DYLAN CONNOR 28-8

bayoubadger

That's my point it makes it interesting. Take those 5 Seton guys out and it is not even close. Sunnyside just reloads at the lower weights. Garcia actually weighing 106 pounds will be a force. Sunnyside will get points at state in the lower weights. It is those upper weights that will be key. With the new Football coach at SS being a big wrestling supporter they are bound to get some big guys in there. A full season of a true heavyweight and 220 in the Sunnyside Wrestling Room will be scary.

Coach P

Dont forget about Matt Rees at about 170....state qualifier (I think) as a freshman two years ago. Sat out last year due to injury. I honestly think Bravo may go 132. I mean, it will probably help the team alot (extremely loaded in the lower weights with several Middle School champs coming in). Head to Head... I don't see SS losing one match up until 145. And then only by a few points. The only weights I would give to Corona at this point are 152 and 160. Maybe 220 as well. At the very least....the transfers will make this year much tougher for SS, who was going to probably run away with it. Don't count out Tucson HS....Deberry has quietly built himself a solid program with a few potential state champs.

bayoubadger

Rees ended the season wrestling 195 while weighing significantly less than that (considering he wrestled 152 at Fargo that year) because SS had a hole that needed to be filled. He had a 20-11 record but did not qualify for state (probably would have had he been wrestling his natural weight). I could see Bravo at 132 he's going to win a state championship at whatever weight he wrestles. I am really interested to see what happens 195-HWT at SS.