2015-2016 DIVISION 2 PRE-SEASON TEAM RANKINGS

swingsingle

1. LIBERTY – BRINGS BACK 10 RETURNING STATE QUALIFIERS FROM A TEAM THAT FINISHED 2nd IN STATE LAST YEAR. 6 OF THOSE RETURNERS WERE STATE PLACERS. LED BY RETRURNING STATE CHAMPION (DIETZ) AND STATE RUNNER-UP (SMITH). THEIR TEAM DEPTH AND EXPERIENCE MAKES THEM THE CLEAR FAVORITE TO WIN IT ALL THIS YEAR.

2. SETON CATHOLIC – RETURN 4 STATE QUALIFIERS FROM A TEAM THAT TOOK 3rd IN DIVISION 3 LAST YEAR. TWO OF THOSE QUALIFIERS WERE STATE CHAMPIONS (HOVIS & KONECNY) AND ONE WAS A STATE RUNNER-UP (DOLCE). THE ADDITION OF A 2014 STATE RUNNER-UP (BARKER) GIVES THEM A TEAM THAT COULD END UP WITH 4 STATE CHAMPIONS.

3. THUNDERBIRD – RETURNS 7 STATE QUALIFIERS FROM A TEAM THAT FINSHED 1st IN DIVISION 3 LAST YEAR. 4 OF THOSE RETUNERS WERE STATE PLACERS. LED BY RETUNING STATE RUNNER-UP (GONZALEZ) AND HWT (ROWE) 3rd IN STATE. HAVE WON A TEAM STATE CHAMPIONSHIP 5 OUT OF THE LAST 6 YEARS. OVERALL TEAM EXPERIENCE AND DEPTH MAKES THEM A CONTENDER AGAIN.

4. MTN VIEW (MARANA) – RETURN 7 STATE QUALIFIERS FROM A TEAM THAT FINISHED 3rd IN DIVISION 2 LAST YEAR. TWO OF THOSE RETURNERS WERE STATE PLACERS. LED BY (ORTIZ) 4th IN STATE AND (WALTZ) 5th IN STATE. TEAM EXPERIENCE AND DEPTH WILL ALLOW THEM TO FINISH IN THE TOP 5 AGAIN THIS SEASON.

5. DESERT EDGE – RETURN 5 STATE QUALIFIERS FROM A TEAM THAT FINISHED 4th IN DIVISION 2 LAST YEAR. THREE OF THOSE QUALIFIERS WERE STATE PLACERS. LED BY RETURNING STATE AND NATIONAL CHAMPION (COURTNEY). LACKS THE TEAM DEPTH TO WIN IT ALL BUT WILL STILL SCORE A LOT OF POINTS TO FINISH NEAR THE TOP AS TEAM IN DIVISION 2.

whenndoubtchokemout

"when in doubt, chokem out"
SHOWDOWN!!! Mesa Mt. View vs. Liberty, Fri/Sat Dec 4-5 @ Liberty Classic, D1 Champions against D2 Runner Ups, good test for both programs.

whenndoubtchokemout

"when in doubt, chokem out"
Swingsingle, I like your predictions, Liberty is my favorite to win it all, Seton has some tough wrestlers but still needs another year to fill their bigger weights. Marana Mt. View is my dark horse that will surprise teams.

giark65

"When n doubt Chokem out" said:
Swingsingle, I like your predictions, Liberty is my favorite to win it all, Seton has some tough wrestlers but still needs another year to fill their bigger weights. Marana Mt. View is my dark horse that will surprise teams.

Seton Catholic....Liberty....Thunderbird

Head to head matches is what will determine this outcome. In all, will be a great state tourney.

East Valley

I agree at Seton they have put together a group of studs. If Liberty gets all 14 guys in & Seton has 10 I think that favors Liberty. Liberty will score points in 4 spots that Seton doesn't have anyone & should score points in the other 10 as well. If it was a big tournament like Flowing Wells it favors Seton all the way but with the sections the way they are I think it favors Liberty. It should be close.
1- Liberty
2- Seton
3- Thunderbird