Possible Event: Need Feedback

Coach Pat

I know several other states do this. I believe New Mexico and Nevada. And I know Utah does a super state. Its not a sanctioned event and if you look at Utah's super state brackets, they do top two from each division and in some weight classes, not all the eligible wrestlers show up. I was looking at last years and one weight class had two kids in it. I think, even though everyone would want all the kids invited to show, its a small concession to get a super state going. Some weight classes aren't going to have everyone show up and, especially for the first couple years, that's ok. People will start seeing the value behind a super state. In addition, if we can get college coaches to come and watch our super state, that would certainly encourage more wrestlers to show up.

bayoubadger

While looking through the AIA Constitution regarding another topic, I discovered this:

14.7 ALL-STAR COMPETITION
14.7.1 POSITION STATEMENT
The member schools of the AIA oppose all-star competition during the school year and shall oppose all efforts of any organization, agency or individual to establish such competition.
14.7.2 During the school year, administrators and coaches shall decline any invitation to participate in all-star competition, shall refrain from recommending any student athlete for all-star competition and shall refuse to provide use of any high school facility for all-star competition, unless specifically sanctioned by the Executive Board.

While not making the possible even impossible it will certainly be more difficult.