Sunnyside wrestling receives advisement

A

aaron1126

The board placed Sunnyside’s wrestling program on advisement for one year for competing with an ineligible wrestler during the 2014-15 school year.

The wrestler lived out of the school’s boundary, according to the violation report Sunnyside self reported. The school forfeited the meets the ineligible student competed in.

A Sunnyside representative requested that the board rescind the forfeits based on the allegedly false lease and drivers license information the parents of the students gave Sunnyside. The board tabled the forfeit request to September’s board meeting to allow Sunnyside to gather more information.

The ineligible wrestler finished second at state in his division as a freshman, helping Sunnyside finish second in Division I last year.

If the forfeits aren’t rescinded, Sunnyside will have to vacate its second place finish at state. Advisement is the least severe punishment a school can receive from the AIA.

Source Link: http://www.azpreps365.com/articles/5346/aia-board-meeting-notes

Allazallstars

Forfeiting a state runner up trophy.
Ouch

But who forfeits a lease and drivers license
That's crazy shady.

Especially for a freshman with open enrollment.

But since he started at ironwood ridge. And transferred in November right at the beginning of wrestling season. ????
Don't know the rules for that.

CVCougar

It looks like this is on Wednesdays AIA agenda, so we will get to see if SS forfeits a state runner up title or not. I am guessing that the AIA will side with the school and suspend the wrestler instead.

whenndoubtchokemout

"when in doubt, chokem out"
http://tucson.com/sports/high-school/wrestling/sunnyside-wrestling-team-stripped-of-wins-state-runner-up-trophy/article_270cd154-5cbd-11e5-b087-2b23466fbacd.html#.Vfri9W37tlY.email

TUMBLEWEED

Crazy story. Wounder why they would punish the school if the parents filed false documentation? usually two sides to every story, perhaps there is more to it then the paper is printing?? saw the kid in the rankings, does this mean he is eligible?

az_wrestler

"The Kid" needs help...maybe he is reaching out.. this isn't colorado. or maybe he has glaucomo...who can forge a driver license? I need one for vegas