Top Teams

homerdindon

I have no dog in this fight, but I don't really understand why people seem to be implying that Bravo should go down for this match. His team is better with him at 132 and his team is always in contention for titles anywhere they go. Courtney can go whatever weight and it isn't going to have a huge impact on his team, and he is the one that lost the match last year and should care about a rematch. If this is going to happen, he should be going up IMO.

Top Teams

Division I

1. Sunnyside

1. Corona Del Sol

2. Cibola

3. Mesa Mountain View

4. Kofa

5. Tucson

Division II

1. Queen Creek

2. Liberty

3. Marana Mountain View

4. Williams Field

5. Cienega

Sunnyside vs. CDS

106 Jesse Ybarra Zack Kvavle

113 Manny Garcia Matthew Gable

120 Vincente Loaiza Cameron Upshur

126 Aaron Rodriguez Cole Berstein

132 Roman Bravo Bryce Nickel

138 Hector Salazar Jacob Garcia (Close call)

145 David Salazar Hunter Carmona

152 Ivan Tena Brandon Konecny

160 Elijah Wyatt Vincent Dolce

170 Matt Rees Nicholas Ruffalo

182 Joey Hernandez Chris Fill

195 Domink Flores Jacob SantaCruz

220 Raymond Vasquez Jacob Featherman

Heavyweight Adrian Monreal Dylan Connor
I agree with a lot of this except 106. Jesse Ybarra is an absolute stud!!! 8th grade and off-season going into his freshman year he was top 3 in regionals and nationals, finishing #1 in USA Wrestlings future Olympians. He also just took 3rd at The Minnesota Christmas Tournament, losing to the champion in the semi's.... imo

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Most likely we will see Bravo vs Escobar in the finals. Both are returning Peoria champs from last year.

dapperdan

Why would Courtney want to put a loss on his senior year record? I'd stay down too.
The Liberty kid has his homework to go do if he wants to try and pull that Win off :mad:o_O

Any matchups in the heavier divisions that we can look for? Won't be able to make Peoria we will be out of state but glad I we can still get updates here.

Some one is definitely bias on their picks. Isiah Jacobs, a 220# from Combs, who finished 6th at state last year, ranked 3rd by Az wrestling news in divlll secll. He wrestled last year in 220# weighing 185. This year he weighs 210 and has only lost once, defeating that wrestler the following week. He also beat the Sanford 2nd ranked wrestler, corona del sol's 220, campo verde's 220 and Williams Field's 220 all by pins in 1st or early in 2nd min of first round as he has done with all of his matches, other then when he was pinned in one he lost and won by points in 3rd rd in beating that wrestler the following week. He is 30-1 (meets and tournament). See you at mile high!